sis asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

what is the definition or statute of a habitual offender in the state of Arkansas?

I know someone who has 3 felonies in Arkansas. They are not serious or violent felonies. I am wondering if another felony, which is also not serious or violent, will put him in the catagory of a habitual offender.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

5-4-501. Habitual offenders — Sentencing for felony.

(a) (1) A defendant meeting the following criteria may be sentenced to pay any fine authorized by law for the felony conviction and to an extended term of imprisonment as set forth in subdivision (a)(2) of this section:

(A) A defendant who:

(i) Is convicted of a felony other than those enumerated in subsections (c) and (d) of this section committed after June 30, 1993; and

(ii) Has previously been convicted of more than one (1) felony but fewer than four (4) felonies or who has been found guilty of more than one (1) but fewer than four (4) felonies;

(B) A defendant who:

(i) Is convicted of any felony enumerated in subsection (c) of this section committed after August 31, 1997; and

(ii) Has previously been convicted of more than one (1) felony but fewer than four (4) felonies not enumerated in subsection (c) of this section or who has been found guilty of more than one (1) but fewer than four (4) felonies not enumerated in subsection (c) of this section; or

(C) A defendant who:

(i) Is convicted of any felony enumerated in subsection (d) of this section committed after August 31, 1997; and

(ii) Has previously been convicted of more than one (1) felony but fewer than four (4) felonies not enumerated in subsection (d) of this section or has been found guilty of more than one (1) but fewer than four (4) felonies not enumerated in subsection (d) of this section.

• 3 years ago

Source(s): Criminal Record Search Database - http://CriminalRecords.raiwi.com/?KgBZ
  • 1 decade ago

HILLARY CLINTON.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.