What might be source of tuberculous sinus with cold abcess in suprasternal notch?

My friend is having chronic pus discharging sinus in the midline of neck in suprasternal notch. which is most probabaly of of tuberculous origin, but source of this abcess is still obscure.

Favorite Answer

You haven't told us why TB is the leading diagnosis, but I'll assume that it's been proven when I answer. TB can affect any part of your body and often ends up in lymphnodes. Once there, it grows and invades nearby tissues and can even make it's way to skin - that's how a sinus forms. If your friend has a sinus that errupted in the suprasternal noch, the location of the abscess is most likely in the tissues deep to that. My bet would be either the hilar or tracheal lymphnodes (which are around the first branch of the lungs and the trachea, respectively). The TB likely would have gotten there from first getting into the lungs and spreading to the nodes.

The only way to find out is to do a CT or an MRI of the chest. Fortunately, almost all forms of TB can be cured with medications now and surgery is a thing of the past.

Hope this helps!

Source(s): Being an M.D. and infection specialist!

Hi Cowbell, Do what I did and see your doctor..I got an allergy shot that will last all Summer..I feel Great,no more coughing,nose running,chest and sinus hurting and I can break at night..I like to drink Bud Lite Lime ice cold and it taste sooo good on the way down..I have had to much of the so called, "Mexican Horse Piss",it taste green lately and the lime doesn't help anymore..Have a Great weekend and try not to over drink..I will do that for both of us!!! Lol.. Your Friend, poppy1