Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

If I recite a really good bedtime prayer, is it permissible for future bedtime prayers to be "Ditto. Amen"?

Favorite Answer

Use the Latin: IBID. Amen.

Source(s): catholic atheist

Prayer is not about a recital. Prayer is when you not only petition Jehovah God for something, but it is also when you simply sit and talk with him. Let him know how your day went. Tell him how you are feeling. Have a relationship with him. He wants to hear from you everyday! He loves you that much! In the morning, when I pray, I ask him to bless my day, the food He will provide me, and all the things I need. At night i will thank him for all He has done and then I will talk to Him as i would anyone else, always knowing that He is much more special than anyone else and He always requires my undivided attention at church and during prayer.

If someone said they loved you very much but every time they talked to you they said the exact same thing, or just ditto from the last time we spoke, how would you feel? Would you think they loved you if they don`t bother thinking of something new to talk to you about, or did`nt take the time to share what`s going on in their life today? Take the time to express to God What He means to you or how much you appreciate what He did for you today, or how He is worthy of all your praise, or SOMETHING substantial!

Doesn't sound sincere to me. Each prayer should be

different. If you were talking to your earthly father, you

wouldn't repeat the same talk or just say "ditto", would

you? Surely not.

No, that is not respectable. And not if you want him to listen to you.

PRAYERS THAT ARE HEARD BY GOD

God hears the prayers of righteous ones, whether they are spoken audibly or uttered in the heart. (Jeremiah 17:10) Jehovah also examines the thoughts and feelings behind each prayer, which even the one praying may neither fully understand nor be aware of.—Romans 8:26, 27.

However, prayers must meet certain requirements if they are to be acceptable to God. First, they must be directed exclusively to God—not to Jesus, to a “saint,” or to an idol. (Exodus 20:4, 5) Prayers must also be offered in the name of God’s Son, Jesus Christ. (John 14:6) Does this mean that our prayers are heard by Jesus first and that he relays the message to God? No. Rather, by praying to Jehovah in the name of Jesus, we identify ourselves as Christ’s disciples and we acknowledge that it is only because of his ransom that we are able to approach God.—Hebrews 4:14-16.

Prayers must be offered in faith. The apostle Paul pointed out: “Without faith it is impossible to please [God] well, for he that approaches God must believe that he is and that he becomes the rewarder of those earnestly seeking him.” (Hebrews 11:6) How does a person know if he has that kind of faith? The Bible writer James answers: “I shall show you my faith by my works.” (James 2:18) Yes, faith produces actions, and they, in turn, show that we love God and are trying to please him.

Source(s): g029/08p27 Prayers that are heard by God

Perhaps even avoid prayer all together...

... or do it vicariously. Just ask a friend "say some prayers for me... you're good at that aren't you?" and then you can happily ignore religion for the rest of your life.

If you are going to be repetitive you might as well just say ditto. Our Heavenly Father doesn't want to hear the same thing from us every night. He wants sincere prayer.

Just turn everything over to God and rest in Him.

i pray Compline(not complain,which I do enough to God in the daylight!)

Blessed bodily and spiritual rest to all!

Bill, you remind me of a divorced guy I know. Poor communicator when communication really counted. Liked to tell his wife "I told you once I loved you. If it changes, I'll let you know." Didn't go over well with her. Don't think God thinks too much of it either.

Only in Limbaugh-land.