shoes7 asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

旅遊經驗(一),可以幫我看看文法有沒錯誤嗎?

Phuket Island Spring, 2001

That was my first time to see what transsexual people is. Their artificial appearances had be trained strong capabilities of promoting themselves, they knew what tourists curious about, showed it in good time, and made people open their wallets naturally.

I also knew a few local residents who had difficult living conditions during that time. The most impressed me is an old man living in a wood house nearby the beach, he did not have many living requirements but tourists and seawater. We asked to take pictures with him and provide fee to him as usual, but He denied with a smile. That was the gap what I realized in Thailand.

HONG KONG Fall, 2006

After the last guide tour, I decided to be a backpacker who prepared for all details within travels. Such as booking tickets, hotel rooms and exchanging money, I totally enjoyed dealing with these trivia which were boring for many people. A fulfilled and completed travel which means to me is well prepared and has no need to handle incidents.

Hong Kong is a unique meeting place for East and West, blending Chinese heritage, British colonial influences, high-tech modernity and Cantonese gusto. The Elderly in Hong Kong love to waste whole day in tea shops. They will get up to eat porridge at morning, order a bowl of noodle at noon and meet some friends at night. The most impressing schedule is taking the star ferry across the heart of Victoria Harbor. Unlike the technical subways today, the inland transportation in the early Hong Kong relied on ferries. Now the pier had became a tourist spot which is welcomed by foreign tourists. But that was my last time to visit Star Ferry Pier, the Hong Kong Government announced that Star Ferry Pier was going to stop operating after I came back to Taiwan.

(有耐心看到這裡的英文高手們,可以再幫看旅遊經驗(二)嗎?感激不盡~真的!)

to vinga

感謝你和你美國朋友的意見~~

因為這是要給教授看的,不太容許有錯誤發生,

如果你和你的美國朋友可以幫我挑出文法上的毛病的話,

我真的非常感謝的~~

有沒有英文高手可以幫幫忙看一下啊

真的非常感激啊~~~

Thank you Sonia~~

my email is: jessynini@gmail.com

Rating
    Favorite Answer

Phuket Island Spring, 2001

I went to Phuket in spring of 2001. It was my first time seeing transsexuals in person. Most of them are performers who have to wear heavy make-up to cover their masculine skin. They have also been trained on how to look and move like a “girl” in order to make a living. It’s not easy, but sometimes they have to have the sex change to able to survive. They also understand what tourists are expecting, by performing some of the tourist’s county show, or by looking like a celebrity making them more popular and rich.

I also knew some of the local residents who had difficult living conditions. What impressed me the most was an old man who lived in a wooden house near the beach. His house was bare and his living conditions were dreadful. When we asked to take pictures with him in return for cash, just like we always do in Thailand, he humbly denied our request.

In this trip, I realized what a gargantuan gap we have between two incomparable countries.

2008-01-21 17:36:22 補充:

This is Sonia, I could not put your Hong Kong trip in here. I was rejected due to the word limitation. I could send it to you via email, just send me your email address.

2008-01-21 17:37:18 補充:

HONG KONG Fall, 2006 Part 1

After the last guide tour, I decided to attempt traveling as a backpacker. A backpacker is someone who prepares his journey by himself in detail including booking tickets, reserving hotels, and exchanging money.

2008-01-21 17:37:42 補充:

HONG KONG Fall, 2006 Part 2

I totally enjoyed handling those trivia issues which most people would feel bored by. A good backpacking trip would mean no accidents were to occur. The backpacker will have to handle any perils along the way.

2008-01-21 17:38:19 補充:

HONG KONG Fall, 2006 Part 3

Hong Kong is a unique place where East meets West. It is a concoction of Chinese heritage with British colonial influences and a very high-tech modern city mixed with Cantonese gusto.

2008-01-21 17:38:40 補充:

HONG KONG Fall, 2006 Part4

The elderly in Hong Kong love to spend their time in the tea shops whole day. They will get up to eat porridge in the morning, order a bowl of noodle at noon, and meet some friends at night.

2008-01-21 17:39:10 補充:

HONG KONG Fall, 2006 Part5

The most impressive journey was taking the Star Ferry across the heart of Victoria Harbor. Unlike the subways today, the inland transportation in the early Hong Kong Days relied the use of ferries.

2008-01-21 17:39:25 補充:

HONG KONG Fall, 2006 Part6

Now, the pier has become a tourist spot welcoming foreign tourists. It was my last time visiting Star Ferry Pier, but after I returned to Taiwan, the Hong Kong government announced the closing of Star Ferry Pier.

• there are a few things wrong but I can understand what youre saying

這是我美國朋友的結論