promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Knee Injuries.?

Has anyone had overuse injuries with their knee(s) where it clicks a lot. Any ideas on how best to get rid of overuse injuries to knees

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Lilly
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i get injections in my kneecaps.

www.orthovisc.com

i've had popping knees since i was 12 and was hit by a vw bug.

IM me for more info.

i have lot's of info.

my problem is my knees give out, snap, crackle pop, and it's the knee cap, the thin little cartalige is like shredded cheese under there.

Physical therapy works wonders, build your theigh and quad muscles, bike riding, avoid running and high impact sports.

Google knee injuries,

mine is called CMP controplaciaPatella.

not sure on the spelling.

best of luck, there are about 5 injections that are like w-d 40 under the knee cap. orthovisc works for me for almost 10 months. synvisc is another, and halgyn is the other i tried, last 4-6 months.

it's made from rooster comb protien and it works wonders to lube the knee cap.

see your doctor, and ask about orthovisc.

Avoid Cortozoine injections at all costs!!they tend to distroy tissue, bone, etc.

be well, see your doctor, do some physical therapy,, and they made me lose 20 lbs and wait 6 months prior to giving me injections. my 85 yr old father in law just had knee replacement and he can out run, out golf me.

there are many medical advancements.

google runner's knee.

see if this is what you have. snap, pop!

Source(s): my own knees! creak!
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Mary
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Ice it after any physical acitivity. Strength train the muscles around the knee, thighs, calves etc. add more calcium to your diet. Try to strenght train in a pool as you get balanced resistance.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

omg i have that ! everytime i bend them or something they pop or make a cracking sound. I have to go to physio. Also i put castor oil on my knees and then put saran wrap over top of the castor oil and it heats it up and it helps a bit, you can find castor oil at the health food store(vitamin store) and put it on everynight for around 20 minutes.

Hoppe I helped:)

• 1 decade ago

put some bandage around your knees take an aspirin twice a day,and stay in bed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.