how do I do research on the web to find anwsers about a specific business to prepare a business plan?

trying to start a business and need to do research for a business plan. need to know how to find info like how other businessess like it are doing in my area, how many people show interest in product, etc

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Online Searches are a quick method of finding competitive information. However, this search will only provide information that has become public.

Have you tried kompass ?

http://www.kompass.com/

The business plan consists of a narrative and several financial worksheets. The narrative template is the body of the business plan.

The real value of creating a business plan is not in having the finished product in hand; rather, the value lies in the process of researching and thinking about your business in a systematic way. The act of planning helps you to think things through thoroughly, study and research if you are not sure of the facts, and look at your ideas critically. It takes time now, but avoids costly, perhaps disastrous, mistakes later.

This business plan is a generic model suitable for all types of businesses. However, you should modify it to suit your particular circumstances.

You will be judged by the quality and appearance of your work as well as by your ideas.

Here are the headings to consider :

I. Table of Contents

II. Executive Summary

III. General Company Description

IV. Products and Services

V. Marketing Plan

VI. Operational Plan

VII. Management and Organisation

VIII. Personal Financial Statement

IX. Startup Expenses and Capitalisation

X. Financial Plan

• 1 decade ago

sba.gov is a good place. Google "Business Plan Templates" or google "Your Business" + Business Plan

That will get you started.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would go speak to the reference librarian in your area. And go to the SBA for a free consultation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.