Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Why do Colonic Centers need a credit card to hold your appointment?

I want to get a colonic, but most of the colonic centers in New York City want a credit card number to hold my appointment. I don't like giving that personal information out. Is this true for all colonic centers or just the ones who are scams?

Favorite Answer

It's possible that some people chicken out and cancel their appointments and they want to ensure that they get paid for holding an appointment whether you come or don't. I know that it's common practice for some fringe medical places like chiropractors to require a 24 hr.-plus notice for cancellations and if you fail to do that, they make you pay. On "Seinfeld", George ran into that situation with a physical therapist. He was miffed that he had to pay.

Well, all the colonics that I have ever had, I had to pay before I had it. I don't see why a credit card would be required. If you make an appointment, keep it, just pay when you get there, with cash. Nobody will argue with money. If they demand a credit card, than find a different colonic center to go to.

Maybe they are afraid you will not show up for your appt. or will bail shortly after the appt to avoid paying - the 'ole I have to go to the bathroom trick, I'll be right back. JK! They must have an ongoing problem with no-shows or no-pays to make this such a widespread policy.

I don't know, but why be so anal about it?

ok, i was kidding, but all kidding aside, there are absolutely no proven benefits, so then by defition ALL of these centers are scams.