Just got a Hatachi TV, whenever i try to change channel on my Cable remote, The TV switches channel, WHY? Help

Just purchased an Hitachi 37" LCD TV from Argos and have connected it up using HDMI and Scart to my Virgin V+ cable box. Now whenever i switch the tv to the AV source (Being Cable) and then try channel hopping on the Cable remote, the TV channel reverts back to DTV or TV and changes to channel 7, 77 or 777 depending on how many times i press a button. (Though the cable channels do change, but i cant see this as the tv has change the picture!) IT seems the infared sensors pick up everything I press on the cable remote, if i hide the cable remote from the TV, the cable box works fine, this is so wierd and wondered if anyone new a way to STOP the TV from picking up the sensor from the cable remote???

Update:

SORTED!!! All it needed was some NEW battery's in the remote, now works a treat without the TV switching channels.............So Simple!!!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Must be the remote are on a similar IR beam setting..

My daughter's tamagotchi done that to mine.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Your Cable remote is not set to operate your Cable box, it's set to operate your TV set.....

So find the CBL button at the top of the remote and press it....

It should be lined up with the TV and the AUD, and the AUX buttons near the top.....

I would be ABSOLUTELY surprised if your Cable box is actually a HITACHI box.....

Normally they are either Scientific Atlanta or the Motorola boxes....

When you are SET for cable mode and not TV mode, you will find that the Volume still works with your TV set, and the MASTER power switch will turn on your TV and the cable box, and all other functions will work ONLY on your Cable box....including the Channel buttons..

Source(s): Over 25 years servicing TV sets.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You should be able to change the remote transmit frequency Ckeck instruction books of TV and Virgin box

• 4 years ago

How long have u had the remote, if u haven't had it that long and still have the box try 2 return it, if it has been awhile maybe it is a cheep remote or is getting 2 old...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

u need to disable the tv mode on the box, with ur cable remote hit the tv mode, then hold down setup till it blinks twice, punch in 993 it should blink twice again, then press tv again

• 1 decade ago

I don't know the answer to this specific case, but from past experience you should be able to find a phone number or email address for technical support, either in the user manual or on the company website.

• 1 decade ago

push the cable button first

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.