What possible way could someone kill a power supply of a PC; I don't want to kill a 4th one this year.?

I killed 3 power supplies in a year, I am not quite sure how, but I would ask to avoid killing a 4th one because it's quite rotten day to have that. Here are the circumstances that I killed them, please list out all possible ways that I might or might not know: 1. First killing is to a stocked power supply... show more I killed 3 power supplies in a year, I am not quite sure how, but I would ask to avoid killing a 4th one because it's quite rotten day to have that. Here are the circumstances that I killed them, please list out all possible ways that I might or might not know:

1. First killing is to a stocked power supply that had been running now and then for 2.5 years, I suspect it is just mechanical fatigue.
2. Second killing is on the same PC, a replacement 400 watt supply since my Reset button is not convenient to reach I just turn off and back on I suspect that increased fatigue and made the supply lasted only 3 months.
3. Third killing is a 200 watt guy today, I suppose I should've seen it coming it powered Athlon 64 X2 but did have outages now and then and a GeForce 7 is just too much adding onto it. It sorta revs up now but have not even enough output powering my spare P2. Today had been an extremely rotten day with fan stuck et all.