We are RENTING a home, can our landlord have an appraiser take pictures of the inside if even THEY HAVN'T seen

Our landlord is having the house we are renting appraised. They say they need it to refinance..but don't plan to sell the house. The appraiser will be taking pictures of the inside as well as the outside. Our landlords havn't even seen the inside of "our" house. What exactly would be NECESSARY to... show more Our landlord is having the house we are renting appraised. They say they need it to refinance..but don't plan to sell the house. The appraiser will be taking pictures of the inside as well as the outside. Our landlords havn't even seen the inside of "our" house. What exactly would be NECESSARY to take pictures of, kitchen, cabinets...i read somewhere that they need to find out the condition of carpets...etc. why would they want the house appraised...knowing that we've occupied the house for more than a year..and if it needs to be "cleaned" that would make or break what the house would be worth? i'm confused...why would they want to have the house appraised in this condition- used. Did i mention..they've never been inside our house..so why do i feel like they are spying...what are our rights..can we restrict certain areas of the house that the appraiser can take pictures of?
Update: Sounds good. I needed that wake up call..and no i'm not growing pot...and we have cleaned..that really wasn't what i meant...there have been other reasons for me to wonder..but clearly i'm looking too into it. thanks for all the advise so far...
Update 2: THANKS COOPSTER! that's way better advise... i'm a bit more calm despite the the other instances where they seemed shady esp. about our stay..lets just say it's been a see-saw type of renting agreement...but i will look at your site and maybe when we are ready...we can buy our own house..thanks again!
Update 3: wow...the response has helped me GREATLY since i posted this. thank you all for helping me out. i really really appreciate it! I will look at it as a plus...and that at least their is notice. Even what seems as a little inconvenient, can be a plus later on. I THINK I'M GOOD with answers...:)