Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

I need help with obession...?

Ok, I am seriously in love with Chris Daughtry. I know everything about him and I almost broke up with my boyfriend just because I like Christopher *so* much. I have even slept beside my laptop because i had blown up a picture of him asleep. And, yes, I do know that it will never happen but it's still getting out of control!!!

• A-loha
    Favorite Answer

so what if you're obssessed with him (for now). as everyone says, it's going to pass. who wouldn't be obssessed with him. he's a hottie and a rising star.

It is called OCD and not the OCD you all are thinking of

Its called Obsessed with Chris daughtry I know because I suffer from it too! There is no cure for it at all, And I know that because I have had it since he first auditioned on American Idol, January 2006 really I don't want to be cured LOL.

I don't sleep with my laptop on and a blown up picture of him. Of course Chris Daughtry is married etc. You just have to tell yourself honestly, he is a celebrity and its just a celebrity crush that you will get over,

Seriously though in my case there is no known cure for the OBESESSED with Chris D disease and if there was I don't want a cure :)

Who's Chris Daughtry?

Get off the computer and away from the shopping malls. Take some sort of hiking trip, go camping, boating...do something active outdoors that gets you away from anything related to the entertainment industry.

If you can't get away for a few days, at least turn off the electronics and that sort of thing and run around outside. Not only will it do your body good, but your brain will also be refreshed and you will be able to think of something healthy. Fantasy shouldn't get in the way of the real world.

Have fun hun! And seriously, do something active outside. It'll do you a world of good.

Hmm...first of all, to most of the people that posted above -- if you don't know what you're talking about, then just shut up.

Anyway, to the poster -- this is serious. Its normal to have celebrity crushes but not to this kind of extreme. you're probably young, I would guess 14 - 16? and a lot of people this age have crushes on celebrities and other people they know they have no chance with, because subconsciously they know they aren't ready for a real relationship. and most celebrities they see as the "ideal" partner, because they really are portrayed as perfect. but you have to realize that they aren't.

I would suggest that you surround yourself with reality, because the farther you get into your own world, the more dangerous it can get. Trust me, this can potentially get even worse and can really damage your mental health. If it doesn't go away soon, I would strongly suggest you go see a psychiatrist.

Give it two, maybe three weeks tops to get over it. Everyone gets obsessions, but it's unhealthy to go to extremes. I've had obsessions before with people like Ryan Ross, Pete Wentz, Zac Efron, and right now I'm just getting over and obsession with Saul Hudson (Slash). These things pass : ) I'd suggest getting a hobby that would be better to obsess with?

If this Chris doesn't like you, then all you can do is wait until you don't like him anymore. But you should probably do without the giant pictures, they make things worse. And if you like Chris so much, you probably shouldn't go out with other people if you can't think about anyone Chris.

I AM THE SAME WAY WHEN IT COMES TO THE JONAS BROTHERS!!!

I almost broke up with my boyfriend because I am in love with the Jonas Brothers.

If you find out an answer to this definately tell me.

Because I need some serious help with my obsession as well.

=]

wow, i think you need a reality check. You need to cut yourself off from everything related to him. No matter how badly you don't want to, you need to stop obsessing. Stop looking at pictures of him, stop listening to his music, it's the only way your going to get over it.

• i recommend a psycologist sweetheart.. your a bit on the crazy side, breakin up w/ur boyfriend for someone ull prolly never even meet? thats a bit psyco

maybe try to slowly cut things out. a few things are alright, but try deleting all your pistures, then occupying your time with other things. maybe even for a while, don't listen to his music, so you'll get used to the loss slowly