Please... thermo...?

ok.. i don't know how to get started. i'll tell you what i know but please help me! Gas within a chamber passes through the cycle shown in Fig. 19-37. Determine the net heat added to the system during process CA if the heat Q(AB) added during process AB is 21.0 J, no heat is transferred during process... show more ok.. i don't know how to get started. i'll tell you what i know but please help me!

Gas within a chamber passes through the cycle shown in Fig. 19-37. Determine the net heat added to the system during process CA if the heat Q(AB) added during process AB is 21.0 J, no heat is transferred during process BC, and the net work done during the cycle is 12.0 J.

what i know:
~the diagram is simply a right triangle but the hypotenus is kind of curved in.
~ this is an isothermal process so the formula for work is w=-nRT*ln(vi/vf)

but i don't really know what the problem is asking nor how i solve it. i will try it but i need some guidance. please,please help me!

thank you so very much. I sincerely appreciate it!!!
1 answer 1