Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Do pixie cuts only look good on skinny girls?

I love pixie cuts, and I'd like to get one soon, but I've been told that they tend to only suit very petite or slim people. I'm really not a very big person, more of just a medium build.

Do short hair styles make people look bigger? And if so, do you know of any hairstyles that tend to be flattering for medium builds(I'm about 145lbs.)?

Favorite Answer

Whoever said that is retarded. I'm big built and I have a pixie cut, and it looks good:

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd217/trancesti...

I say if you want it, go for it. Screw what people think.

No, it can look good on anyone with the right facial shape for it. The pixie cut is hard to pull off only a few can. Facial shapes that usually work best for this kinda hair cut: oval, long, and if your face isn't too round it can look nice.

I've found that it has more to do with the shape/look of the head/face than the size of the body.

I've seen cute pixie cuts on large builds and skinny builds.

Medium build is fine. The real question is what are your facial features like? If delicate, go for the pixie. If your features are strong, you'll need more hair to balance them, like at least a chin length bob.

If in question try wigs on before you do anything drastic.

Hairstyles have a lot to do with your facial shape.

I personally like short hair and think with a good cut it can be done on any size person.

A good hairdresser should be able to assist you with what fits you best.

• Amelia

No, not at all. I am about your size and have sported the pixie cut since last August. It just depends on your face, not your body. It looks great, as well. Here is a photo of my with it if you would like to see:

(it's a pretty goofy picture but you get the point)

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i13/rachelhart/c...

As long as your face isn't too round -- pixy cuts tend to make bigger people look well, bigger!

I was always told that you should pick a cut that flatters the shape of your face and texture of your hair. ivillage has a makeover generator you can upload a picture of yourself and tryout different hairstyles

i think it depends on the shape of your face, not your weight or stature. if you have a slim face short cuts or bangs are good. if you have a round face or chubby cheeks you should probably stick with something a little longer than your shoulders and if you like bangs, make them a side-swept bang with a side part!!

I have to say yeah, reminds me of the girl who played will smith's wife on fresh prince, or a chubby person, but someone in between, I'm not entrily sure, i wouldn't go that short, but maybe somewhat short.

Medium size hair because it is easy to handle and you can still perform most of the hairstyles