Tattoos, one side of the body or the other?

Anyone that has multiple tattoos or is thinking about getting them- do you/did you "feel a pull" (for lack of better terms) to tattoo one side of your body over the other? I currently have one on my left bicep and one on my left calf. I have 3 new ones designed and find myself trying to find places to put them on my left side. I almost got a large one on my right calf, but it just didn't "feel" right the more I thought about it. Just wondering if maybe this is a left brain right brain thing, or if anyone else had experienced it also? I know some people feel like they have to even things out with tats on both sides, but have not seen anything about how I feel. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

YES!

I actually though it was just ME! How amazing!

And, yes, it is my left side that I am always pulled to as well.

I know that, traditionally, good luck charms / amulets, and, of course, wedding rings, are worn on the left, as it is thought to be closer to your heart, so more powerful. I kind of wondered if I have some deeply ingrained, primitive, subconscious 'memory', that made me place mine on the left?

I keep thinking my next one really should go on my right side, or I'm going to start looking really lopsided....but I just can't 'feel' the right for a tat!

WOW. This Q has made my night!

• Breanna3 years agoReport

You guys are not alone! I have one tattoo on my left rib and want to get two more. For some odd reason I want to get them all on the left side of my body! This is so strange. There has to be some kind of psychological or scientific explanation for this.. I'm right handed btw.

Tattoos On Sides

In traditional Polynesian tattoo, the side is important Some consider the left side of the body related to the mother side of the wearer, and the right side to the father side. Nowadays this consideration (father/mother) is not taken into consideration so much but there is still a strong vertical virtual line dividing the body (right and left side). Some people in Polynesia get tattooed only half of their body (only on one side).

Phil

tahititatou.com

Source(s): www.tahititatou.com

I have 2 tattoos currently and am getting my third this comming saturday which excites me to no end!!!! I have my first tattoo on my back between my shoulder blades. My secind tattoo is on my left foot. My third is going to be on my left wrist. I feel more of a "pull" to tattoo my left side I think it's because I am right side dominant. But I am left brain dominant. I see tattoos as extremely creative and I think that my left side is more creative then my right side. If htat makes sense.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Anyone that has multiple tattoos or is thinking about getting them- do you/did you "feel a pull" (for lack of better terms) to tattoo one side of your body over the other? I currently have one on my left bicep and one on my left calf. I have 3 new ones designed and find myself trying to...

Source(s): tattoos side body other: https://tr.im/tRvys

For some odd reason, whenever I think of a new tattoo idea, my mind already makes itself up which side it's on and where it will be. And I try to change my mind, but I can't. So, I go with that. But it's gone right, left, middle (back), right, left...totally unplanned.

• Laura

I am a symmetrical placer as well. I have my right shoulder, left ankle, right hip, left chest, right butt, and back of my neck.....which actually would have gone on the left side of my head if I hadn't been a chicken about shaving my hair. My next will probably be on my right foot which will make me feel the need to get another on the left side, but I wouldn't go for my left foot cuz of my left ankle piece.

1000's of Tattoo Designs & Ideas

• Onega

i don't know. i know i wanted to get it all on the left side too, but on second thought i knew the tattoo will look better and won't clash with the other one. true, but it was one "big" moment to realize i had a right arm i could get tattooed instead of cramming everything on the other one and making it look awful..

• diablo

I have 22, and I felt the need to even things out. I didn't care for the lopsided feeling.