Illegal immigration?

im making a speech about illegal immigration

can you guys tell me how it will hurt U.S.A?

1. dont pay taxes

2. stealing American jobs

thats all i know, also what is Immigration reform? is that good for us or good for illegal immigrants?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • meg
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The greatest harm immigration does to citizens is increasing the labor supply and lowering wages for most American workers. Most illegal workers do pay taxes, and if they don't it is because their employers are breaking the law. Every time I hear a politician say they do jobs Americans won't, I want to scream back that Americans will do any job if you pay them enough, they just won't do it for $5 dollars an hour. The real reason we do not put effort into stopping illegal immigration is that business, especially small business want to keep wages low so they can make more profits. Immigrants do not just keep their own wages low they keep everyone wages low, because the job market is a competitive system, so wages are set by supply and demand.

We had immigration reform 20 year ago, and it was agreed to allow people who were already here could stay, but that we would enforce the rules about hiring non citizens like other countries do. Since this is the most effective way to put a stop to illegal immigration, I would not support any reform that does not first make the resources available for enforcement. This would work far better than a fence, because the reason they come here is to get jobs and make money and if they can't work the will not come and if they can't work they will go home. You do not have to go after the immigrants, just fine their employers enough to make hiring illegals unprofitable. Then we can lay down rules about who has establish deep enough root here that they should be allowed to stay, and be given legal status.

Edit: the argument that they do not pay enough taxes to support the services they receive is not a good one. The profits that rich business owners make are taxed more than enough to pay for the services the government provides for their workers, and the cheap household labor provided by illegals compensates other rich people for their additional tax burden. A large fraction of the taxes are paid by the rich outside of social security.

• 4 years ago

Both of your starting premises are false. Undocumented immigrants pay $11.8 Billion in taxes. http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/04/16/Study-Fin...

And they're not "stealing" US jobs - for the most part they're doing work others refuse to do. Much of the United States vegetable and produce production system is built on employment of undocumented laborers who will work jobs US workers refuse to do.

The system is broken and needs to be fixed. But deporting everyone who's here unlawfully would be an economic disaster of unthinkable proportions. And in many cases people have been here for 10 or 20 years. Their children are adults, they have grand children. There should be a humane policy that gives individuals the ability to normalize their status if they can show they have been here for a long time and have not committed crimes, paid their taxes, etc.

• 1 decade ago

NOT how it will hurt but how IT IS !

The biggest impact with illegal immigration is not about paying taxes or jobs. the biggest impact is on our services. We now have to have bi-lingual signs,meetings,and staff in all government offices. We all pay for that.

Not to mention the legal system and the other economic impacts.. Here in Florida it is not unheard of for 4-5 families to be living in one house. Code enforcement can't do anything because they say they are all related so they are a "single family" This has ruined the market in many areas because you have these "families" in $100,000 homes with 8-10 cars parked outside, so anyone who looks at your home knows exactly what is going on and just looks at another area. I will tell you it has devalued my home 40% in the last 4 years

That and we ALL pay for all the free services they receive, such as medical care,food stamps,subsidized housing not to mention the education system.

I get ticked off every time I shop or make a call to a business---I live in the USA, WHY do I have to press one for English. This is our language, if you want to live here--learn it.

In closing, there is no such thing as cheep labor because we ALL wind up paying for cheep labor.

The answer is not amensty, that would only encourgage more. The answer is tell every illegal that they have a choice, leave on their own accord and come back legally or be deported and not have a chance to come back at all. This is not about being bias this is about protecting out country and our freedom and what it was founded on.

This started in many years ago and has come to the point that Miami is now Cuban and southern California is now Mexifornia. Please don't get me wrong, I do not hate the nationality of immnigrants. I have many friend who are, but they all have one thing in common. They came here, learned our language and are Americans!

It's time to stop the crap from Washington, the hand outs, the programs ( for both illegals and legals) and "We the People" take back our country---LEGALLY!

Source(s): Ron Paul
  • 4 years ago

Look, they are not stealing jobs. They get paid 5 dollars an hour. Not even minimum wage. Listen it s how you look at it. Most of them pay taxes. My uncle is a proud illegal man, he pays his taxes. All of you were an immigrant once. Indian Americans were the first here.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Criminal immigrants ( despite some of the lies to the contrary here ) don't pay taxes, or enough to make it worth mentioning. But they do use up a lot of government services.

They do take American jobs, but even worse the influx of criminal labor has had the net effect of lowering the pay scale for EVERY American worker. The law of supply & demand applies to workforce just like any other commodity.

And the less obvious, but equally dangerous, problem is they're causing exponential population growth that we don't want and can't sustain.

And finally.. they are CRIMINALS. They have no respect for our laws or society. And influx of people like that can NOT be a good thing.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

ok well i picked to give the same speech a few months ago ..ok well on the they dont pay taxs part say how some people argue that the do with the money thet take out of thier checks and say ..that well illegals are well known for working cash jobs waitresses consturction workers and cash jobs dont get money taken out but uncle sam...ok another thing is say how all the illegal alieans are showing terriost how easy it is to sneek in to our country and we need to know whos coming in and out of our country ....

and they are quick to apply for walfae other than citecen ship

and

gangs such as ms13 are another reson for tighter border secretiy they are bringing these gangs and causing problems that we sc houldnt have to deal with

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The word is Bankrupt our system, enrich the corporation and bankrupt the middle class with high taxes, over populated our educational system, higher taxes for health care because they are getting it free, bring to our cities ghettos, etc. Lose American jobs to the illegals, reduce our wages, life standards, etc. I have fight hard for all of these rights and I'm not ready to give them away to illegals that doesn't have the right to be here.

• 1 decade ago

Illegal immigrants also have children that attend schools in this country and they receive medical care. They don't contribute to the tax base that pays for these services, therefore all taxpaying citizens do. While they may pay sales tax when making purchases like anyone else, those taxes rarely go toward these services. However, as far as stealing American jobs, I believe these jobs are ones that Americans would rather not hold anyway. I also believe that immigrants are a vital part of our economy, I think we need to make it easier to enter this country legally.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Here ya go!:

From the L.A. Times

1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County ( L.A. County has 10.2 million people)

are working for cash and not paying taxes. This was because they are

predominantly illegal immigrants, working without a green card.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.

3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.

4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien

Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers

5. Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers

are Mexican nationals here illegally

6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.

7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles

are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.

8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.

10. In L.A. County 5.1 million people speak English

http://immigrationcounters.com/

Also, this is interesting:

Facts, Figures And Statistics On Illegal ImmigrationSearch This Site

The Dark Side Of Illegal Immigration

In Biting the Hand That Feeds You, Congressman Steve King of Iowa noted:

What would the May 1, 2006, illegal immigration boycott look like without illegal immigration?

The lives of 12 U.S. citizens would be saved who otherwise would die a violent death at the hands of murderous illegal aliens each day.

Another 13 Americans would survive who are otherwise killed each day by uninsured drunk driving illegals.

There would be no one to smuggle across our southern border the heroin, marijuana, cocaine, and methamphetamines, which plague the United States, reducing the U.S. supply of methamphetamines that day, by 80%.

Our hospital emergency rooms would not be flooded with everything from gunshot wounds, to anchor babies, to imported diseases, to hangnails, giving American citizens the day off from standing in line behind illegals.

Eight American children would not suffer the horror as victims of sex crimes.

http://www.usillegalaliens.com

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They are over strecthing our states economies.

going to hospitals for free medical treatment.

taking jobs Americans would do, if the pay was better.

getting to go to school on our tax dollars.

free welfare

free food stamps.

don't pay taxes

overburdening our police forces

mexican gangs are taking over the boarder cause they get paid to bring illegals into this country.

I can go on, but I think you'll have enough.

Mike...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.