What are the big differences between Obama's health plan and Hillary's?

Is socialized healthcare the same as universalized? Gimme yo thoughts.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Obama's doesn't mandate citizens signing up, his includes the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries at the table.

Clinton's mandates sign up, so jokers won't wait until they get catastrophically sick then drive up the costs, when they should have gotten care early on.

Also, the whole long lines business is crap. The Congressional Plan - the exact same plan that Congress people and Federal workers get - has over 100 *private* insurance plans to choose from. Millons of people don't even have health care, so they should walk around with none because they can't afford it? If we don't get it together and make sure our citizens are healthy, we'll continue to fall behind as a nation. If we are strong and healthy, we can concentrate our efforts and money into other important things, such as moving to energy independence. People who refuse to be nationalistic on health care are the ones either profiting from it, or just blind.

Good luck getting your small businesses to cover your health care in a couple of years.

(MC = reported. Wutz = racist)

• 4 years ago

They plans are very similar but they do have a few small differences. Hillary want to legally make all americans have health insurance which means they may be eligible for free or they will be required to purchase through the gov. I dont think it's fair to require someone get coverage & then fine them if they dont thats just not the right approach to me. One way she plans to do this is by taxing those making 250k & up. Obama plan will require all children to have coverage while leaving the adults the option to purchase the coverage which he claims will be affordable for them & also lowering premiums. He also want to allow dependents to be under their health plan until the age of 25. He plans to tax those making 200k & up. They both agree that if youre happy with the coverage you already have you can keep it & they both agree on it being portable. <edited> Everyone would be accepted regardless of any pre existing conditions.

• 1 decade ago

I haven't seen an outline of Obama's plan, but you can check out Hillary's plan for yourself:

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/feature/healthcarepl...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are only very minor differences between the two plans but the bottom line is they are both socialized medicine which would mean even longer lines & waits at your doctors office, a lot more bad doctors & a lot of out of pocket expenses if you wanted to see a good doctor.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

any care plan will not be good as long as the medical insurance companies are on the stock market. there should not be here to make profit.

and about long lines, i rather have long lines than die.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They are the same....only one is title Hillary's and the other Obama. They are cut from the same cloth.

• 1 decade ago

Those two, hummm, I don't want either! I don't think either one even has a plan!

well, some others said what I'd liked to have said!

• 1 decade ago

Well when i listen to obama video. obama keep on saying for kids.. and when i listen to hillary video she keep on saying universal.(for all)

• 1 decade ago

No difference. Both plans are sick

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

men and women

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.