Best Steakhouse in Houston (TX)?

I'm from LA and will be visiting Clutch City next month. I want to check out all the hype surrounding Texas Steakhouses. I don't need to check out Morton's or Ruth's Chris (or any other big chain) as we have them in LA already so it wouldn't be anything new. I want the true Texas experience! Help this carnivore out!

Favorite Answer

All of the names above are chains.

I suggest Brenner's. They have been around since 1936 and the dining experience is amazing. The main room overlooks a beautiful "German-style" garden, the service superb and the food spectacular. Romantic restaurant, extensive wine selection, fine dining but you can wear jeans (but not tennis shoes). The lump crabcake is divine! Reservations recommended.

http://www.brennerssteakhouse.com/

Also, another Houston unique steakhouse is Taste of Texas. They do not take reservations and the wait can be long if you arrive past 7:00pm. Casual atmosphere, they have an incredible salad bar (try the cilantro dressing). If the place is packed, see if there is seating at the bar (Houston restaurant's are smoke free).

http://www.tasteoftexas.com/

The third choice would be Perry's Steakhouse. The new store located off of I-10 Freeway (the two above are also located off of I-10) isn't as good as the original in Clear Lake (30 miles south of Houston) but I hear they are getting better.

http://www.perryssteakhouse.com/

Personally, Brenner's is my favorite.

I'm going to second Brenners.

Whoever said "Cheddars" needs to be taken out back and throttled.

Capital Grille is something different. Not bad, but much more than steak. Great veal chop, though.

For a less expensive steak I do prefer the chain Texas Land and Cattle.

I can't agree on Taste of Texas. Sorry, Edd Hendee, but I think your place is overpriced. I do like the salad bar, but I just can't see why people wait two hours to eat there.

Lots of great steak houses in Houston:

Pappa Brother's Steakhouse

Texas Land and Cattle Steakhouse

Brenner's

Lynn's Steakhouse

Smith and Wollensky's

Fogo de Chao - Brazilian Style all you can eat

Strip House

Fleming's Prime Steak and Wine Bar

Sullivan's Steakhouse

The Capital Grille

Perry's Steakhouse

Bob's Steak and Chop House

Nelore Churrascaria

Taste of Texas

Cattleguard Restaurant & Bar

The Palm

Vic and Anthony's

Mid-Range Places:

Saltgrass

Outback Steakhouse

Chili's

Enjoy!

Mortons, Fogo de Chao, The Palm, Pappas Steak House

I'm going to go a different rout and say fogo de chao... It's a Brazilian steak house, it is kind of expensive as it is all you can eat (go hungry!!)... BUT it is SO good!! If you love steak or just mean it general it is a MUST!

www.fogodechao.com

Taste of Texas without a doubt

The Strip House

I love Taste of Texas!

Bistro 829..... New American with Steaks, Seafood, & Chops. Full bar and great wines! I highly recommended

Flemings, McCormick & Schimt, Capitol Grill,