Mulder asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Is it better to eat three big meals a day or many small ones?

why?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Many small ones is best if your schedule allows. Your body can use the nutrients better when your food is in smaller packages.

Also it will help to regulate your blood glucose levels better so that you will have more energy through out the day.

The big key is to make sure that you eat the right foods. Be sure to get those fruits and veggies and look to whole grains for your bodies food needs.

• 1 decade ago

many small ones works a lot better than 3 big ones

Source(s): me !!
  • 1 decade ago

I've always heard many small ones because it keeps your metabolism up and ipso facto helps you maintain your weight or lose weight. I guess the idea being that your body is constantly working to burn the calories, and your metabolism goes higher.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It depends on if you are losing weight or not. 6 for if you want to lose weight.

And if you just want to maintain, food order doesn't matter. Neither what you eat. As long as you exersize 3 times a week, food is worry for you. "Unless you JUST got off a diet."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is best to eat 3 regular size meals because your stomach will get really hungry when you skip meals.

• 1 decade ago

many small ones

• 1 decade ago

3 big meals, because the human body is already familiar with that type of diet...

• 1 decade ago

many small ones!

• 1 decade ago

small ones are best for diet and nutrition

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.