Anime like Death Note!?

Could you recommend an anime similar to Death Note please? Or even a manga =)

Thanks ^^

Favorite Answer

Oo, I made a list a while ago...

Death Note was a one of a kind anime -- the best, but I can give you some that are remotely the same genre...

>>Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchō: Tō<<

In the nights of Tokyo, mysterious deaths involving the 'Reborn Dead' occur. People that are disappearing at night suddenly reappear during the day as a corpse. Not only that, but as the corpses are sent to the morgue to be autopsied, they disappear again leaving signs showing that they escaped themselves.

To fight these 'Reborn Dead' and to prevent more deaths, mysterious transfer student, Tatsuma Hiyuu, and delinquent student, Kyouichi Houraiji, stay up every night to fight and solve what's causing this. Along with the rest of their group, who all have supernatural powers, they soon realize that a greater threat, which involves even more powerful demons, is near.

>>Jigoku Shoujo: Girl From Hell [Hell Girl]<<

A website known as Jigoku Tsūshin (Hell Correspondence) may only be accessed at midnight by one who harbors a desire for revenge against their tormentor. Should someone submit the name of one they hate, the Jigoku Shōjo (Hell Girl) will offer them a straw doll with a red string wound about its neck. If the string is pulled, she will ferry the recipient of the revenge straightaway to Hell, but on the condition that those who request her intervention will also be sent to hell at the end of their natural lives.

>>Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha<<

Ten years ago, an inscrutable and abnormal territory known as Hell's Gate appeared in Tokyo and altered the sky and decimated the landscape. The heavenly bodies disappeared, replaced by false stars. At the same time, people who possess various special abilities emerged. Kept secret from the knowledge of the masses, these individuals, known as Contractors, are able to murder in cold blood. Various nations around the world use Contractors as spies and agents, often resulting in violent battles for information. Each fake star has a corresponding contractor, and they vibrate when their contractor's power is being used. As such, contractors are usually identified by their star's Messier catalogue number. However, their abilities are gained at the edge of their humanity. They lack human emotions, especially aversion to killing. Contractors usually work for one of various rival Syndicates as spies and assassins, although the ultimate purpose of the Syndicates is initially unknown.

>>Hellsing<<

Hellsing chronicles the efforts of the mysterious and secret Hellsing Organization, as it combats vampires, zombie-like creatures called ghouls, a powerful werewolf, and other supernatural foes who threaten the kingdom of England.

>>Elfen Lied<< [warning: graphic violence and nudity]

Elfen Lied revolves around the race of diclonius, a mutant human species identified by two cat-ear like horns and transparent "vectors", and the ways in which the humans abuse and reject them as part of society, instead seizing them for storage and experimentation in an offshore laboratory. The series is centered around the teenage diclonius girl "Lucy", said to be the first diclonius, becoming sadistic as a result of her vengeance and delivering it on the humans who rejected her.

Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchō: Tō >> 14 episodes

Jigoku Shoujo: Girl From Hell >> 26 episodes

Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha >> 25 episodes

Hellsing >> 13 episodes

Elfen Lied >> 13 episodes

Claymore >> 26 episodes

Night Head Genesis >> 24 episodes

Blood Plus >> 50 episodes

Devil May Cry >> 12 episodes

Trinity Blood >> 24 episodes

Berserk >> 25 episodes

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion >> 25 episodes

Noir >> 26 episodes

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex >> 26 episodes

Ergo Proxy >> 23 episodes

Boogiepop Phantom >> 12 episodes

Trigun >> 26 episodes

Paranoia Agent >> 13 episodes

Witch Hunter Robin >> 26 episodes

• celia

Anime Like Death Note

As some of the others have suggested, you should definitely watch Monster.

Here is my review.

Monster is an anime that delves into the human mind. It causes us to question our own beliefs. Why do bad things have to happen to good people, people who have such good intentions? This is a question you will think about a lot throughout the series.

Monster tells the story of an innocent doctor who is trying to find the person who ruined his life, while at the same time, being chased by an obsessed detective. The beliefs of certain characters in this anime are very deranged, and show how ugly humans can be. The anime does a very good job at portraying this, mainly through the use of facial expressions.

The style in which the story is carried out is certainly effective in gaining the attention of the viewers. The story starts off at a fairly slow pace. As you continue to watch, however, you'll find yourself being drawn in by it. Monster is the kind of series where you just have to know what happens next. There are 74 episodes, but I'm already halfway through and there really hasn't been a boring moment yet. You will see many different characters, and at first, their connection to the story may be unknown. Then, out of nowhere, they might run into one of the main characters. There are also times when the main focus will switch between the main characters, allowing you to get a glimpse as to what the others have been up to.

All of the characters are well developed, and you really learn a lot about them, even the ones who only appear for a short period of time. The background of a few characters, including the villain, are mostly unknown. This is another way in which Monster grabs your attention. You are learning at practically same pace as the main characters, and whenever they discover something, you share the same expression as they do.

Despite the number of episodes, none of them are filler; in fact, this anime is one of the few in which every scene is taken directly from the manga. The music fits the anime very well, but it isn't all that memorable for the most part. The ending is pretty creepy, but that's a good thing considering the nature of the anime. I like the opening a lot, especially the choir part at the beginning, mostly because it reminds me of Death Note. (In fact, if I could make a comparison between this and another anime, I would say it is like Death Note without the supernatural powers.) The animation isn't anything special, and the character design may take some time getting used to it, but the story is where this anime truly shines. Monster has already taken its place as one of my favorite anime.

• Risa

That is a tough one.... I have to admit Death Note is unique...

But here, I shall give it a try.

Closest Match:

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Then:

Paranoia Agent

Diabolo

Cantarella

Elfen Lied

Ergo Proxy

Serial Experiments Lain

All of them are dark, very interesting and mature anime with great graphics.

Elfen Lied would also be a could choice, not too close to D.N. but I suppose you will like it.

Source(s): Hope I helped! Enjoy!

Monster and Code Geass are both similar. Monster, as stated above, delves a lot into the human condition and raises ethical questions. Code Geass is basically a futuristic version of Death Note with a more "heroic" protagonist and a lot of mecha battles.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/jhgVC

1. While watching/reading Death Note who did you find yourself cheering for? Light Yagami or L? -Light Yagami at first because I did not know much about L at the beginning. 2. When Ryuk first told Light about the Shinigami Eyes, did you think Light was going to accept the deal? -All and all: I foreshadowed he was because Light was seeming(into) the deal of the Death Note: so it was very likely: he may have thought it would help him. 3. How did you feel about Light wanting to be "God of a new world"? - This changed me because I had the same thoughts. That kept me going with the story. 4. How did you feel when L died? - I felt sad, but; one of the movies in the ''Relight'' portion made me get optimistic thoughts that he was alive, but no. He showed himself. 5. After L's death who were you going for to win? Light or Near? - I just kept into the story: so I really did not pick a side. 6. Which version of Light Yagami do you like most? Light when he has his dark sense of justice, wanting to be a God of the new world etc? or Light when he lost his memories of the Death Note and was being very helpful to the task force? - The dark version: because the story was very good with that role. 7. Who do like more Near or Mello? - Near. 8. Favorite character? - Near and MATSUDA!!! 9. Which is funnier Ryuk's obsession with eating apples or L's love for sweets and desserts? - L's love for sweets. 10. Which character kept surprising you with their intelligence? Light, L, or Near? - Near 11. What were your thoughts on Light Yagami's death? Did his death surprise you? - Not in the manga, I already knew it beforehand. But, the manga was sadder in my opinion. 12. Do you think Light Yagami was "evil"? - No, he produced ''Plot Armor'' for the story. 13. If you stumbled across a real Death Note, would you use it? - Oh, yeah! That was a fun survey!

Deat Note is quite an unique manga. Detective Conan/Case Closed is also about detectives and mysteries but it doesn't have as much fantasy as Death Note

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Anime like Death Note!?

Thanks ^^

Source(s): anime death note: https://tr.im/0lDxB

I think the one called MONSTER is better. Check it out and you'll undertand. Also Dragon Head is good.

Source(s): I was a fan of Death Note from the beggining. Saw both movies.

Hell Girl- thts good, but the plot isn't as good. I love Sainkoku Monogatari- fab plot, bit of romance, and some sinister characters!!

jigoku shoujo, it's damn similar to death note, but not as good as it -_-

it's good though : )