What does it mean when you call someone a "hothouse flower"?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Similar to being high maintenance. They take a lot of work and are only happy when all conditions are to their liking.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Hothouse Flower

• hearne
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Hot House Flowers

• 1 decade ago

Geez, I didn't think of it in a negative way!

Hothouse flowers are beautiful and exquisite. They are grown out of their natural environment for the enjoyment of any type of gardener. And with the proper care, they will flourish in our own homes.

If I was relating it to a person, I would mean they were exquisite and I know they need tender, loving care. I love humans and plants, with proper care they both flourish.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sandra
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/ZvYVw

Many of us find our respective Pagan religion through a direct experience with our gods. Many of us also describe the experience as "coming home". Because that is what it feels like - like finding a place you've always known and feel completely comfortable and like you can be yourself. When I found Wicca, I knew it was the right religion for me because it was as if someone had gotten inside my brain, written down everything I had always believed, and then called it Wicca. I was also called by my gods because they came to me instead of the other way around.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

RE:

What does it mean when you call someone a "hothouse flower"?

Source(s): call quot hothouse flower quot: https://trimurl.im/j91/what-does-it-mean-when-you-...
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they are sensitive, usually in a bad sense, they can't make it in the rough outside world.

• 1 decade ago

yep, someone who can't stand up under pressure.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.