Is the Chicco Keyfit 30 car seat worth the price?

My husband and I really like the Chicco Keyfit 30 car seat (and consumer reports says it is the safest/easiest to use) , but we are worried that it is not $80 better than the Graco snugride. The handle on the Graco is SO difficult to bring up and down, and the ease of use with the Chicco was far and away better.... show more My husband and I really like the Chicco Keyfit 30 car seat (and consumer reports says it is the safest/easiest to use) , but we are worried that it is not $80 better than the Graco snugride. The handle on the Graco is SO difficult to bring up and down, and the ease of use with the Chicco was far and away better. Anyway, we are just concerned about spendend $180 for a car seat that we will only be able to use up to 30lbs. We do not want to do the convertible car seats because we do not think they are as safe. Oh, and we also looked at the Graco Safeseat and we didn't like it.
Update: Oh, and we are planning on having 2 or 3 more children. This is our first.