Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 1 decade ago

going to efile for the first time?

i am going to use the irs free efile. after i am done with the federal, does it give you a way to file your state? for free or will i have to pay for that?


i live in arkansas if that matters

6 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Go to the department of revenue website for your state to see if they might have free e-file too.

  • 1 decade ago

    I live in SC and they send me a tax form booklet in the mail every year and it has a free efile code number to use if I go the the SC website and efile my taxes there.

    See if your state has the same thing, most states do.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Go to YOUR states website and they may have a free provision for efiling.

  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

    i only have one tax and a few years ago i used efile and it was free. but this is here in fl

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    You'll pay for the state.

  • 1 decade ago

    they will give you the option and yes, you will have to pay.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.