anyone had problems with the company fully covered?

this company insures your sky equipment after the standard cover is over they state they have a 24hour response time and have engineers all over the uk i have been calling them everyday for the last 12 days and they still cannot tell me the truth

about when an engineer will call they always say definateyl tomorrow tomorrow never comes they also promise to keep me updated i have never recieved a call from them since reporting the fault on the 2nd of january what are my rights

Favorite Answer

I personally think you have been scammed and someone as made loads of money

I wouldn't ever buy insurance of any kind for something as cheap as a skybox. Even if it is a skyplus it's still cheaper to pay a repairer to do it locally than pay a monthly fee to a centralised firm that is only going to get it done locally anyway. look how much your sky box is selling for on ebay fully working and compare it witht the amount of payments your making to this firm. Trust me these product repair insurance policies are a rip-off and thats why the salespeople fight tooth and nail to get you to buy them!

In answer to your question, I would complain to the company, recording all correspondence and being firm but not unreasonable. Also get in touch with trading standards (search for them online). E-mail your local branch. tell them everything. if you do it right you'll get some help.

regards,

MH

Did you receive a letter apparently from Sky and talking about the need for a service agreement?

If you read it carefully you will find it is nothing to do with them and is basically a scam.

You don't have "rights" when it comes down to response times. It's not a "guarantee". If it IS a "guarantee", and they break it, what they owe you depends on what they promised you - which means it might not be more than an apology.

Source(s): agent, 21+ years