Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

how old wer u wen u had your first period?

soo how old wer u.Dis just 4 people who are realy worried about it (not me!) how old wer you wen you had your first period?

♥x ♥

Update:

By the way i havent had myen yet ♥

Update 2:

Im still onnline lol so still kepp in your answers they are all average :-) accept from one witch was the age of 28 !!!

Update 3:

still onnline lol

42 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I was 9 when i got mine, and ive wished i was one of those that start when they were 18... it's been a pain (literally!).

Don't stress out about your body. stress can actually stall it if you're worrying too much about it. The normal age for your period to start is anywhere from 8 to 18. And everyone is different, just because your mother or your sister started at 12, doesn't mean that you will, you could start at 9 or you could start when you're 18. Each person has their own clock. :) Have fun being young!! It goes so quick. ;)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

• 1 decade ago

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

• 1 decade ago

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

• 1 decade ago

Hello Rebecca

I want to explain about Puberty and Periods:

When girls begin to go through puberty (usually starting between the ages of 8 and 13), their bodies and minds change in many ways. The hormones in their bodies stimulate new physical development, such as growth and breast development. About 2 to 2½ years after a girl's breasts begin to develop, she usually gets her first menstrual period.

About 6 months or so before getting her first period, a girl might notice an increased amount of clear vaginal discharge. This discharge is common. There's no need for a girl to worry about discharge unless it has a strong odor or causes itchiness.

The start of periods is known as menarche. Menarche doesn't happen until all the parts of a girl's reproductive system have matured and are working together.

Best

Have fun

• 1 decade ago

11 and 3/4

• Elle
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I was 12,

Getting your first period is more predetermined by whether or not you have reached a certain weight and level of body fat, that is in line with you're height. Once the body has a certain level of body fat (i.e enough to be able to sustain a pregnancy) this triggers off the required hormones within the body to start menstruation. For example the pituitary gland in the brain is responsible for the on start of puberty i.e the development of bodily hair and breasts etc. Not long after these changes have begun to occur a girl will have her first period.

This is the reason why the age at which women have their first period varies.

What is also interesting is that as adult if a woman ever goes below the weight at which she started her first period. i.e. 8st, she will cease to have a period. This is all interlinked with the fact that if she does go below this weight then that means that she does not have enough body fat to be able to provide for both herself and the unborn child and thus sustain the pregnancy.

As soon as she gains enough weight and hits a certain level of body fat, her period returns.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.