Is Barack NObama clearly lying to our face on his records?

He claims he has been the most consistent candidate, when it comes to his position on the war....but his records doesn't quite seem like it. Does NObama even remeber his voting records????

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sweet/739563,CST-NWS-...

Update:

heatseek- NObama was not even in the position to make his vote for the war back then. Get your facts straight, before making another rhetoric.

Update 2:

gangster- THen why are his supporters lying and Nobama doesn't say anything about it???

Update 3:

When he was running for the senate, he said he would vote against funding the war. But as soon as he was elected as a senator, he change his position and voted for every bill that would fund the war until he announced to run for the presidency.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There is a difference in being opposed to the war and funding our troops who are already there. We cannot let them go without supplies and weaponry.

I am opposed to the war, but I realize we must fund our troops until we get a president who will actually begin bringing them home, that is the only practical and humane thing we can do.

Also that sun-times story is a blog story and not a researched news item.

May I say that when we use terms like Billary or Bushwhack or Nobama etc, that tends to diminish the point we want to make.

Just a thought.

Peace.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Now that the troops are over there, they need funding.

Who wouldn't give the troops money to keep them alive and as safe as possible?

As much as I'm opposed to the war, I'd vote to give the troops millions and millions of dollars too. It's not their fault that they're in a war. They were only following the orders of the Commander in Chief.

So why should they be punished by not giving them enough funding to carry out their mission?

• 1 decade ago

Funding the war and authorizing the war are not the same thing.

Oor troops are already over there, we have to give them the funding they need to win. If Obama voted against funding the Iraq war, you would be criticizing him for not supporting the troops.

Try another route to attack Obama on, this time try to find something legitimate.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

As Joey said, check his voting record. That will tell you where he stands on the current or past issues, and will tell you where he leans. Also, check past issues of his hometown newspaper, for news items about him. I encourage everyone to do this for whomever they vote for, not just president. If someone wants to represent you and be a leader, you need to know if they can do the job, and their qualifications. Personally, I wouldn't vote for ANYONE who hasn't spent several years serving in their position. They need to prove themselves a leader that has a servant's heart before they should expect anyone to see them as a person who's considering those he/she represents. That candidate should also be able to answer a straight question, and be able to say how they're going to get the job done. Happy hunting! <*)))><

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I don't find an inconsistency in opposing the war and then recognizing the necessity to support the troops once the bad decision to put the there had been made. It would be hideous of him not to vote to support the troops.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He has been clear: He voted NO for the Iraq war. He explained it clearly at the time: he described the financial, religious problems in the region, he said why Saddam Hussein was not an immediate treat to the USA...

In 2004, he did NOT vote for the Iraq war, he voted to SUPPORT the troops involved in a big MESS that H. Clinton has VOTED FOR.

Now do you get it ?

@ThreadOwner:

Stop living in a fairy tale. come back to the reality.

Clito said clearly she has voted for the Iraq war because she has been fouled. wow... convincing for a potential US president...

Obama said BEFORE Iraq war that it was a mistake.

Then he was there to support the troops in this mess. Do you really think Clito would have prefered to let the troops dying ? Would she have congratulate Obama ?

"You said no to the war and you did not support the troops after that ! Thank you !"

The fairy tale is ending for Clito.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You certainly are desperate ... for knowledge. Both Houses of Congress overwhelmingly voted to fund the war although many oppose it. THINK! ( well, try... God bless you). Soldiers need food, gas for tanks, clothing, transportation, bullets... please, try for a clue.

• 1 decade ago

Would you suggest that he vote to send our troops no money at all, so they could die without funding? He's been consistent in opposing the war and on bringing the troops home.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you go to his website and read his plan on Iraq, he wants to pull out are combat troops, which still leaves a lot of troops. We will still be a large occupying force in Iraq if he is elected. Strangely I do not see anything on repealing the Patriot Act which he voted for( the renewal) . Turns out the best candidate to get us out of Iraq and repeal the Patriot is the Republican congressman from the 14th district of Texas. With the voting record to prove it.

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/

• 1 decade ago

These Democrats are so dumb they are fighting over records that no one should fight over they should be trying to burn all records of their past. As for experience, the only experience any of them have is that they know how to lie, though not very good.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.