How humid is San Antoinio, TX in the Summer?

I have heard that San Antonio is very humid in the summer. Is this true? I'm concidering moving there but, as a senior humidity can be too difficult. Also how is medicare recieved there.. are there enough doctors that except it.

Thank you

Best Answer

100% is overdoing it just a little bit. We are on top of a Aquifer so yes we have humidity, but I lived near the Great Lakes and Corpus Christi, which are on the water. That is 100% humidity. San Antonio has an average of about 70% humidity. I looked this up in the weather.com's historical averages on humidity.

Seniors are very welcome in San Antonio and medicare is accepted almost everywhere. This is a tourist, military and retirement city. The problem I think most seniors have with in San Antonio is the extreme heat. It can be in the 90's with the extreme sun May through Sept. We often have intermittent 90's mixed with cooler days throughout the rest of the year.

If you don't want humidity, you should think of somewhere like El Paso, West Texas or New Mexico. Texas does have bad air quality because of the environmental flows of air from arkansas and tennessee, according to the Weather channel's special on air quality. Our bad gulf water comes from the gulf stream flow of the mississippi where all the junk ends up on our beaches. Texas tries very hard to keep clean with high emission protection laws and anti littering, but until the north cleans up, it all flows downward.

The humidity can be high in San Antonio, but as Lalana said, it is nowhere near 100%. The humidity is much lower than coastal cities or Florida. The humidity is higest in the early morning, being around 80%, but drops to around 50% by late afternoon. The combination of temperatures in the 90s for July and August coupled with the humidity make for sticky conditions. Virtually all public venues in the city are air-conditioned, as are most of the homes in the city. While there are a few cars in the city without air conditioning, it is rare to find a car on a local new car lot without airconditioning already installed. However the evenings can be wonderful for outdoor dining and other activities. And the warm weather through the rest of the year makes a couple of months in the summer bearable.

Related to Medicare. It is widely accepted throughout the local medical community.

San Antonio Humidity

You can BUY a DEhumidifier and it works quite well... and continuously... because San Antonio is near 100 percent humid all summer long

When I visit the U.S. I have a home near Corpus Christi and it would not be possible to stay in it without a dehumidifier AND an air purifier because Texas has the WORST AIR QUALITY of any state in the U.S. according to the E.P.A.

It is very humid. People here are used to it but everyone gets a bit annoyed during the summer because of the heat. You WILL sweat... a lot.

• jeanne

This is arguable and there are actually multiple potential answers to the question...

• candis

That is true