What should i be looking for in a decent video camera? I want great home video's?

I have recently bought a decent photo camera and the difference between that and my normal point and shoot camera, ie, the old one for £90 is huge and the price difference was not ie £300 for the Nikon D40. It got me thinking..... what should i look for in a "next step" video camera as i have a... show more I have recently bought a decent photo camera and the difference between that and my normal point and shoot camera, ie, the old one for £90 is huge and the price difference was not ie £300 for the Nikon D40. It got me thinking..... what should i look for in a "next step" video camera as i have a "normal" one that most people would buy but the sound is not great and it looks nothing like the proffesional camera's do. So my question is basically... what should i look for in a decent film camera and how much should i pay.