Can a police officer stop you from another state as you have crossed the border into your home state?

The other day the police had stopped my husband for no apparent traffic violation. For me I assumed they had stopped him cause he is hispanic and they assumed he is illegal or has no drivers license. So when the police had approached his vehicle the police just asked if he was "Buddy" and he says yes.... show more The other day the police had stopped my husband for no apparent traffic violation. For me I assumed they had stopped him cause he is hispanic and they assumed he is illegal or has no drivers license. So when the police had approached his vehicle the police just asked if he was "Buddy" and he says yes. Which he shouldn't have done, but the police never told him why he was stopping him and just happen to look up his records before the police had pulled him over to find that his license is good for occupational use. so how could this police just stop him for no traffic violation and then make up an excuse are you so and so and then write him a ticket. Also this police had stopped him on the other side of the state border which this police is not from. Then on the ticket he had wrote that he stopped on the state side of this specific state line border which wasnt true, he had stopped Buddy in the other state which he isnt from. How can he do that and then get away with lying.
Update: MY husband doesn't like attorneys, he says they aren't not there to help you they are there just to get your money. Is there anybody we can report this too??