What is Hillary's plan to stop illegal immigration?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hillary has consistently called for comprehensive immigration reform that respects our immigrant heritage and honors the rule of law. She believes comprehensive reform must have as essential ingredients a strengthening of our borders, greater cross-cooperation with our neighbors, strict but fair enforcement of our laws, federal assistance to our state and local governments, strict penalties for those who exploit undocumented workers, and a path to earned legal status for those who are here, working hard, paying taxes, respecting the law, and willing to meet a high bar.

Hillary strongly believes we need to do more to know who is in our country by securing our borders and ensuring that employers comply with the law against hiring and exploiting undocumented workers. She supports deploying new technology that can help stop the flow of undocumented immigrants into the country and an employer verification system that is universal, accurate, timely, and does not lead to discrimination and abuse by employers.

Along with these changes, Hillary believes we need to repair those broken portions of our immigration system that irrevocably damage families and force citizens and lawful immigrants to choose between their newly adopted country and living with their spouse or children. We have a national interest in fostering strong families. This is why she introduced an amendment during consideration of the immigration reform bill that would have taken steps to protect the sanctity of families. Our American values demand no less.

And Hillary understands that our immigration policies have a direct impact on American workers. She opposes a guest worker program that exploits workers and creates a supply of cheap labor that undermines the wages of U.S. workers. Hillary believes all workers deserve safe conditions and decent wages. She supports an Ag Jobs program, which will keep our agricultural industry vibrant while enabling agricultural workers to receive the fair wages and labor protections they ought to receive.

When Hillary is president, comprehensive immigration reform will be a top priority.

• 1 decade ago

hillary does not want to keep the illegals out she wants there votes and does not give a damn about what true born americans want. hell i believe she would have buses ready at the border to bring them in if she could. she wants the job and the press and to look good, she does not give a damn about what we americans and our country need. and remember i am a female and this is one female i do not want as a president ever!!

• 1 decade ago

She plans to stand at the borders in a PMS induced state with a tub of ice cream and yell at the incoming hoard about how she's never appreciated and that she'd like a bunch of flowers now and again.

They'll run for it.

Source(s): Don't flame me for being sexist, I'm female. I just don't think she's much.
  • 1 decade ago

Amnesty for the ones here already, and open arms, (and borders) for those yet to arrive.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Monica, who posted above me, has summed up the Democrats attitude perfectly. Just make it a Republican thing (so we'll have someone to blame for the problem, instead of taking any responsibility), but give us (Democrats) control so we can ignore the issue some more. Then they'll give them amnesty, and the right to vote when we confer citizenship automatically, and then we'll have another 20 million poor, government dependent folks to pander to for votes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hillary only intention is to help them come to America as fast as they can get here.

How much more must Hillary do to prove she hates America?

• 1 decade ago

Think about it if immigration stops, the us economy would go down. The us needs a source of people to rob inorder for it to grow and keep going as it is.

For example people keept saying immigrants where taking jobs over, but who the hell rebuilt new orlands.

• saq428
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

She wants them here, that is why she is pushing for the rights of illegals to vote...she wants the illegal votes!! She will be the first to cry foul when illegals are turned away at the polls.

• 1 decade ago

She does'nt have a plan, Just a wing and a prayer.Old politics

trying to sound new..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well I haven't heard of one yet. But either way, what does it matter? We both know politicians never follow through. Just look at Bush..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.