How Can I learn To Do Insane Death Metal Vocals?(Deep and throaty)?

In case you don't know what death metal vocals are like Ed Butcher in I Killed The Prom Queen,a deep raw sound,like an insane version of the cookie monster,

How can I learn to do vocals like that?Any techniques?Thanks for the help!

Favorite Answer

i sing for a metal band so i guess i scream to.. im a vocalist.... now how to scream properly. first off do not do it the same way you sing cuz you will really tear up your vocal chords. you need to actually scream(or yell) but you need to do so while useing your diphraghm and the most important thing...DO NOT FORCE IT AND IF IT HURTS STOP! there is a better way to do it. also if you kinda push from the muscle right below your bellybutton it will make it come out easier but it kinda makes you feel like you gotta poo. but after you get used to it and get it down the feeling will go away.

one of the biggest things also is to not think about it. ive found that when i am just there and in the moment type deal with my voice it sounds better and just kinda flows out. (guess that goes with what i said before dont force it)

t

his like anything else takes time and alot of pratice. the first few times you do it you will probably loose your voice but it will fall into place. i mean when i first started i did it by trial and error and probably did a number on my chords. for like 3 months id loose my voice every pratice.

also theres this dvd (the zen of screaming) i got it after i learned how to scream and i found out i figured the right way to do it already but it still had some good tips and stuff. not bad to have especially for the vocal warmups.

if this helps or if you have anymore questions you can email me at

captn_saliga@yahoo

Source(s): sing for the metal band american diablo www.myspace.com/americandiablobandif youre intrested in hearing my vocals check out my band AMERICAN DIABLO on myspace. the demo is from a year or so ago and the screams werent the best at that time but since ive learned how to scream proplerly it has made a world of difference.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): learn insane death metal vocals deep throaty: https://tr.im/KrVFH

It's very possible to learn to sing well. You just need to know the right methods. Learn here https://tinyurl.im/aH6aY Singing teachers will cost money and can be expensive so they're not for everyone. Singing can be learned so it's not an "either you have it or you don't" kind of thing. Whether you sound like crap or you're decent, I recommend this singing course. It's one of the best methods to learn to sing well in a short amount of time. It's all about using efficient techniques that work.

• Stacee

learn insane death metal vocalsdeep throaty

• Zinia

Thyroid disease is one of the most common health problems we face today. From a practical standpoint, there are many ways to approach this issue. Learn here https://tinyurl.im/aH6tr Hypothyroidism, or underactive thyroid, is a very common problem, and there are many reasons for this, including drinking chlorinated and fluoridated water, and eating brominated flour. Chlorine, fluoride, and bromine are all in the same family as iodine, and can displace iodine in your thyroid gland. Secondly, many people simply aren't getting enough iodine in their diet to begin with. The amount you get from iodized salt is just barely enough to prevent you from getting a goiter.

I taught myself to do the same, basicly just let it out, even if it sounds all low volumed, just keep trying. i did it by huming it to myself and slowly progressing it through. You need a good plave to pracetive because you WILL be loud, and keep on practicing get keep getting it, dont try to sound like someone, make ur own sound ;) also there is a dvd to help called "The Zen Of Screaming" it helped me ;)

Source(s): personal ex.

get professional lessons on proper techniques for this.

zen of screaming will help.

always warm up, practise the techniques and never strain your voice.

i have sung and recorded vocals from brutal low gutteral rapping to pig squeels for 8 years.

if your thoat hurts you are doing it wrong. stop.

with proper technique it shouldn't be any more stressful on your voice than talking

The first thing to know is to use your diaphragm.

Start by hissing the "sssss" sound and slowly push harder and you will notice what your diaphragm is.

That is where you will push to make the vocals, dont push with your throat, or it will hurt you.

When you first start out, it probably wont be very loud. If you try to go all out, you will hurt yourself. Start from the bottom and work your way up.

Okay, so when I began to learn, I first learned the low growls.

To do these, think of the "ssss" hissing again, but this time, do a "grrr" sound. It will be soft at first, and not loud at all, AND it will mostly likely sound stupid/funny.

Practice this a lot, and not only saying "grrr" but also vowels and forming words. Each breath will be used for one syllable.

Notice that when they scream they dont say one word all at the same time, not when you talk, so not when you scream either. Also, when forming a syllable, try to form your mouth in an "O" shape, because thats what mostly generates the deep growling voice, otherwise, it will sound higher note if you have your mouth wide open.

After practicing that a lot, eventually you will gradually start to get louder and you will push with more strenght. The time for this may vary depending on how much you practice, and your throat can get dry, so make sure you have a glass of water with you when practicing at all times.

WIth plenty of practice, you can make the cookie monster type of scream.

Now, if you want to do the high pitch vocals, you will be screaming with your mouth wide open, rather than the "o" shape. And you might need to scream it faster, in contrast to the low paced deep growling.

It helps to start out from the beginning again, because low screams are not the same as highs. Again, use your diaphragm to push your air out, and the raspiness of the scream is not made with your throat, but in between your chest and your throat(below your adam's apple).

Again start out with low whispers, and work your way up, after plenty of practice the scream will sound louder and better.

Scream along to songs you like, or to bands that have vocals that are similar to yours. Dont try to scream like someone else, because you are not them and your scream will be different, your own, and unique. No one else can scream like you, but you might scream similar, so scream along to those.

By screaming along to songs everyday, it will help develop diaphragm strenght, because its like a muscle that needs excercise, and will grow tired if you dont work it out or warm it up.

If youre not sure if your scream sounds good or not, go inside a bathroom, and scream all you want. You can "amplify" your scream by using your hands around your mouth as if you were shouting. Also, get an amp and a microphone, because that makes the scream sound different aswell, usually better.

Some say that drinking milk or salty liquids help your scream, but they may damage your vocal chords. Your safest bet is to drink room-tempereature water.

Remember, like all instruments, even vocals, require practice. Everyday counts, and the more you do it, the better you will get. Dont be discouraged if it seems hard at first, because I too sounded very poor when I started, and now its wonderful to see the improvement one has achieved.

I wish you the best of luck, and practice, and be safe.

You dont want to hurt yourself.

~Silverblaize

Source(s): I taught myself to scream (along with some help from youtube) and have not hurt myself by doing it the right way.

think how if you were to say 'yeah' in a dramatic way, then do that and just push out all your air at once. then scream it. the less air you put, the longer you go, the quieter for longer, that sort of thing. like the other guy said, practice makes perfect!

Listen to Alexisonfire, both deep and thoaty with two vocalist. Just Like Linkin Park with a different sound.

Or Find Something Your really Angry about and just feel the pain.

Source(s): My Source