Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

who muslims always try to convert non-muslims to islam?

do not tell me that christians do the same thing because muslims are so crazy about converting other people to islam and making the whole world muslim

Favorite Answer

yes they do...in the country I live in now, majority of the ppl are moslem, and they against christian very much..they burn our church, they kill ppl while they are in worship, they push ppl to convert to Islam and they believe when they can bring 1 person into Islam, they will get "pahala" (reward from GOD, to make Islam larger), moslem guy dating christian woman on purpose and leave her in pregnancy and force the girl to convert to Islam if they want the guy to have responsibility to the baby.. this ppl is very awfull !!! BTW I live in southern east of asia...

Source(s): my personal experience

When I was a kid you would see Church programs on Sundays and early weekday mornings, shows like PTL and the 700 club. Now you can get Church 24 hrs a day. I have never seen an Islamic show first of all on television trying to convert anybody. Churches have schools to teach missionaries how to try to convert Muslims to Christianity in Muslim countries. I find it amazing, that with so little propagating of Islam so many find their way to the belief.

All faiths follower practice this tradition of Prophets, including Christians, Muslims, and some times Jews as well.

It is tradition of Holy Prophets to invite people towards Truth.

Muslims are also doing but I think less then Christians.

But I personally, no objection on calling people towards truth.

Forcing people to convert or revert to Islam is not advised in Islam, but with “Hikma” means with wisdom, good reasons and argument with natural reasons.

On the other hand other then Muslims also use other tactics like taking advantage of poverty and offering help in trade of religion conversion, history is witness of such approach, and in some cases poverty also created by using different methods like imposing wars, invasion, spreading hatred among locals and creating civil war situation, detoriating economic conditions of that community and then offering help with hidden religion conversion agenda.

I am sorry it is bitter but it is true.

The Qu'ran states that the ENTIRE world MUST be made subject to Islamic Civil Law . And that everyone should be encouraged to convert by any means possible , including Threats , Taxation , Terrorism .

Christians only try to convert through the fear of an afterlife hell . ( Although 500 years ago they used similar tactics as the Muslims do now .)

Nope. Christians are worse. I've never had a Muslim stop me in the street and try to convert me (and I live a few blocks from a large Muslim community). Christians, on the other hand have stopped me several times.

No. I have hundreds of Muslim friends and family members...they have NEVER tried to convert me. Neither have any of the Muslims I have met in 50 years of traveling in Muslim countries. The only people who have ever tried to convert me to their beliefs are Fundamentalist Christians.

are you serious? christians often do the same thing!

mission groups?? have you ever heard of them? yah they go over to different countries and talk to them about God.

Or how about Jehovah's Witnesses? they are extremists if I've ever seen it. Going to people's door steps expecting to convert them. How about the Amish people?

Christians and Catholics used to torture and kill innocent people to try and preserve their religion. The spanish inquisition was one of the most terrifying times in history, some of the torture techniques they used were ridiculous. Check into their history

Am I excusing Muslim extremists? absolutely not. But you cannot accuse them of being crazy when there are many similarities in Christians and Catholics

im confused on what your question is. I will say that not all muslims are "crazy about converting", I do know some tolerant muslims who ive actually had some really good conversations with (Im a Christian).

If Muslims are so crazy to convert NonMuslims, how come you are astill Christian in Iraq, where so called supper power claim Alqaida is killing non Muslims and you are saying Muslims are crazy?

Your presence in a Muslim dominating state is a ...... on your face.

Your existence as Christian is contradicting your false statement.

When Spain was recaptured by Christians after eight hundred years of Muslim govern ara, Muslims are vanished from Spain, do you know that my innocent Coptic Christian living in Muslim dominating area, now invaded by Non Muslims and under invasion of Non Muslim missionaries in the form of human service organizations. ( Muslims allowed Christians to worship even besides and withen Masjids)

In Afghanistan and Iraq hundreds of Non Muslim Missionaries are invaded with military invasion and utilizing all tactics they can use.In Africa they are utilizing their all methods to keep unrest among locals and keep them dependent of west for help ( Unfortunately so called Muslim countries are also puppets of Non Muslim nations, due to corruption among ruling so called elite class of Muslim countries.)

I convince that there is no muslim who try to convert non muslims to Islam.In line with surah 107 Al Kaafiruun in the Qur'an,God spoke that your God is yours and my God is mine..I will not worshoip your God and you will not worship my God.You religion is your and my religion is mine.So there is no force in Islam.Converting someone religion to Islam is determined by God whether God will change his/her mind and heart or not.We muslims only explaining what and how is Islam to people who has no religion.or to people who are eager to know Islam further detail.We have no intention to make the whole world muslims.We respect other's right to determine their own religion which one will fit them.