Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 decade ago

15 yrs old, and wants to start writing novels. How to start? Advice?

I want to start writing sci-fi novels, im currently not very good at writing, but i'm working at it. So whats the best way to start.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Buy a book

like "Writing novels for idiots"

A lot of writers aren't that great at grammar..that's why they have editors.

• Luke
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Step 1.

Get your idea of a book, consider how long your story is going to be, make a concept map of what you are going to write about. Remember plot is half of the story.

Step 2.

Write out your book in a neat form and see if it works, if it makes sense, if it's interesting.

Step3.

Now that your basic novel has been written, go online, subscribe to magazines which teach you a lot about grammar and expressing yourself. In a book, always make the beginning CAPTIVATING, your English teacher can teach you this.

Step 4.

Read famous books of your genre, see how it's constructed but avoid copycatting, use ideas that works, but keep originality.

Next, get someone else to read it.

Step 5.

After getting ametuer proofreading, take it to a profession proofreader and publisher.

• 1 decade ago

Just start writing. Get your ideas down on paper and don't stop every few sentences to correct your grammar or spelling. Just keep writing. Also, join some groups online for writers where you can find support. Subscribe to writing magazines if you are able to. Soak up all the knowledge you can about the genre you wish to write in. The world awaits....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

come up with an idea, the best way to start writing is to write about something that your totally interested in. once you come up with a central theme or plot for a story then you can start let your imagination run wild and add other details into it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

start writing short stories, outline the story and fill it in. dont worry about grammer and spelling, you can always go back to edit it. enjoy yourself and have fun with it. if you are writing by hand, get some binders for your story or if on the computer save or print them out.... i would love to read your stories. have fun

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

just write and then when your done you cn look at getting it published if you want but if you want to write a novel then just do it

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

just start writing

whatever comes to your mind you can aways go back latter and proof read....

that what i do im 16 and wrote 3 novels....

of course there not published but people who have read them say they should be~

• 1 decade ago

just start writing

• 1 decade ago

i bet if u talk to ur english teacher at school theyll be able to give u advice

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.