Cocktail party recipes?

Does anyone have great guy friendly cocktail party recipes .. my guy friends are not into some of the things i want to prepare like the goat cheese dip antipasto platter and the like .. I would appreciate wing recipes and maybe a different way of preparing meatballs or anything else anyone can think of.. Also should i just pre mix my cocktails and pour them or should i just make them on request .. i want to be able to hang out with my friends sothats why i thought of just mixing them up and serving them over ice ...

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I'll bet your manly-man friends would enjoy a good antipasto platter w/ salamis, cheeses, olives, tapenades, etc. But here are some good recipes you can make them.

BBQ Beef Party Tarts

30 unbaked mini tart shells in mini-muffin pan

1 lb. ground beef

½ cup BBQ sauce

¼ cup finely chopped onion

2 Tbsp. brown sugar

shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Brown ground beef and drain. Stir in BBQ sauce, onion, an brown sugar. Cook over medium heat until hot and bubbly. Evenly fill unbaked tart shells w/ beef mixture. Bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned. Top w/ shredded cheese, bake 5 more minutes.

Basic Tart Dough

1 cup margarine, room temp.

6 oz. cream cheese (3/4 block), room temp.

2 cups flour

Mix margarine and cream cheese together; mix in flour to form a soft dough. Chill dough overnight.

Preheat oven to 450ºF. Shape dough into 60 walnut-sized balls. Place in cup of mini-muffin pan, and use tart shaper to press dough down into tart shape.

Pierce the shell w/ fork, and bake unfilled for 10-12 minutes. Bake filled tarts as directed on filling recipe.

--Pampered Chef

-----------------------------------

Beef & Blue Cheese Bites

1/2 cup butter, softened

2 cups crumbled blue cheese

1/4 cup cooked bacon, crumbled

6 slices pumpernickel or dark rye bread

6 slices Swiss cheese

6 slices deli roast beef

6 thin slices red onion

6 dill pickle spears

In a small bowl, beat butter and blue cheese until smooth; mix in bacon. Spread about 1/4 cup mixture on each slice of bread and top with a slice of Swiss cheese. Place on baking sheet and broil, 4 inches from heat source, until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Top each with roast beef, onion and pickle and serve open faced.

-------------------------------

Baked Pimiento Cheese Spread

1½ C. mayo

4 oz. jar diced drained pimientos

1 tsp. worcestershire

1 tsp. finely grated onion

1/4 tsp. red pepper

8 oz. block of extra sharp cheese, grated

8 oz. block of sharp cheese, grated

Mix together, spoon into greased 1½ qt. baking dish. (I have an oval corning dish I've been using) as it makes quite a bit.

Bake 20 min on 350degrees.

Serve with cracker, veggies, or baguette slices.

----------------------------

Party Meatballs (Cocktail Weenies)

Serves 10-12.

3 lbs. frozen meatballs, slightly thawed, or 3 lbs. cocktail weenies

2 (12-oz.) jars chili sauce

1/2 cup grape jelly

1. Put meatballs into slow cooker and pour chili sauce over all.

2. Add grape jelly.

3. Cook on High for 3 hours, stirring once about halfway through cooking time.

4. Serve directly from the slow cooker or put in a decorative serving bowl. Use party toothpicks to spear meatballs.

---------------------------------

Wonton Cups

1 pkg. wonton wrappers

1 red bell pepper, minced

1 lb. pork sausage

1 cup mayo

1 cup sour cream

1 pkg. powdered Ranch dip

1 (8 oz.) pkg. shredded cheddar cheese

Take wontons a place in muffins tins to make a cup. Bake 350ºF until tips are golden brown.

Fry up sausage then add bell pepper just to make warm. Mix mayo, sour cream, ranch & cheese in bowl, then add warm sausage mixture. Spoon mixture into wonton cups. Right before serving, place in oven again for 1-2 minutes to warm and melt cheese.

-------------------------------

Teriyaki Chicken Wings with Honey Glaze

8 Tbsp. butter

½ cup honey

1 cup chili sauce

6 Tbsp. lemon juice

1 Tbsp. Dijon style mustard

4 pounds chicken wing sections

3 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce

salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

garlic powder to taste

Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease a greased 13 x 9 x 2” baking dish; set aside. In small saucepan melt butter and add the honey, chili sauce, lemon juice and mustard. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes; remove from heat and set aside. Discard tips of chicken wings and halve at the main joint. Place wings in prepared pan and drizzle with teriyaki or soy sauce, toss wings to coat well. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Pour glaze over them and bake an additional 20 minutes, basting wings 2 or 3 times and turning wings once. For crispier wings, place under the broiler for 2 minutes, just before serving. Makes about 24 appetizers.

• 1 decade ago

Here's some great no fail, easy recipes:

This is the best and easiest dip recipe, and people always rave! I tell them it’s really hard to make (lol):

Cream Cheese Dip

2 large blocks of cream cheese

1 large jar Pace picante (medium)-use most of the jar

Soften cream cheese and mix with hand mixer until smooth. Add picante and mix with hand mixer. Leave in frig for a few hours to blend flavors. Serve with chips.

I know it seems too simple to be great, but it is!

Chicken Wings

We're all about easy! I buy the best sauce I can find for the flavor I want (terriaki, BBQ, etc.), then put the wings and the sauce in the crock pot until done (about 4-6 hours). If they're done sooner, I turn the crockpot to 'warm' and let them simmer. Yum!

• 1 decade ago

Mixed drinks should be freshly made individually as needed.

HAM AND CHEESE CALZONES

2 loaves frozen bread dough

1-1/2 c. Ricotta cheese

2 eggs

1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese

1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 lb. Mozzarella (cut into cubes)

1/3 c. Prosciutto or ham

Roll out defrosted dough and spread lightly with olive oil. Mix all filling ingredients. Divide in half and spread half on each calzone. Roll dough up like a jellyroll and press down on edges to seal. Brush top of calzone with oil. Lightly oil 2 cookie sheets and place calzones on sheets. Bake on 450 F. for 20 minutes until tops are golden. (If making for appetizers, cut each calzone into four pieces. Serve hot. Serves six people or makes 24 appetizer-sized servings.

STICKY CHICKEN WINGS

3 lbs. chicken wings

3 eggs, beaten

1 c. cornstarch

Vegetable oil for frying

1/4 c. soy sauce

1/2 c. vinegar

1/2 c. sugar

3 tbsp. ketchup

1 tsp. salt

1/2 c. red currant jelly

2 tbsp. lemon juice

Cut wings at joint, discard tips. Roll wings in beaten eggs and then cornstarch. Fry in a small amount of oil until golden brown. Remove wings with a slotted spoon and place on a shallow cookie sheet. Combine rest of ingredients in a small saucepan and heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour over chicken wings.

Bake at 350 F. for 30 minutes, or until well glazed.

• 1 decade ago

Just serve lil smokies in bbq sauce (you can leave them in a crock pot), twice bakes potatos with cheese and bacon, and look up a wing recipe from emeril. As for drinks you should just set everything out and make up little menus of stuff that you can make with the drinks you have.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Here are a couple for ya... my mom (who passed away) used to cater.She had all kinds of recipes up her sleeve.

Bacon "Sticks":

5 slices bacon, cut lengthwise in half

½ cup grated Parmesan cheese

10 thin breadsticks

Heat oven to 250’. Coat one side of bacon slice with cheese. Roll coated side of bacon diagonally around breadstick; roll breadstick in cheese. Repeat with remaining bacon, cheese and breadsticks.

Place bacon sticks on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 1 hour or until golden brown; cool.

Sesame Chicken Wings:

1/3 cup soy sauce

2 Tbsp. honey

2 Tbsp. cider vinegar

1 Tbsp. peeled and minced gingerroot

1 Tbsp. Oriental sesame oil

2 garlic cloves, minced

¼ tsp. cayenne, or to taste

3 lbs. chicken wings, wing tips cut off

3 Tbsp. sesame seeds

In a large bowl combine the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, gingerroot, sesame oil, garlic, and the cayenne. Add the chicken wings, stirring to coat them with the marinade. Let marinate, covered at room temperature, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours or chill them, covered, overnight. Stir the mixture, put the wings on racks in baking pans, and sprinkle them with sesame seeds. Bake in a preheated 425’ oven for 30 minutes, or until they are golden and tender.

About 20 hors d’oeuvres

Source(s): My mom, a genius in the kitchen
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Crock pot brotha! Meatballs, wings...whatever you want! Have some provolone in the fridge and some Hoagie rolls...instant meatball subs!

• 1 decade ago

Little weiner wraps

take little smokies and wrap in cut strips of crescent rolls, bake until bread is done, they are awesome.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

definitely check out http://www.highclassrecipes.com for some great recipes online.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.