Has anyone eles realised this??

I have had my fair share of drama in my life and most of it is with the woman that I have had in my life. Is it just me or has anyone else realized that most of the time there is more drama in same sex relationships then opposite sex relationships.

Favorite Answer

Im guessing it's different for each couple.

Ive been with men AND women and Ive never had ANY drama because I DONT TOLERATE drama. Period.

You only GET drama if you ALLOW drama.

.

I would say that it ultimately has to do with the people involved. I'm pretty much the most laid back person alive, so anyone looking for drama in a relationship is not going to get much from one with me.

If I had to advance a hypothesis, I would say that, if there *is* more drama in homosexual relationships, it doesn't have anything to do with sexual orientation per se, but rather the climate in which we live.

With bigotry and discrimination and all the sh... er, stuff that we as lesbians and gays have to deal with on a daily basis, I would not be at all surprised if, statistically, homosexuals were a whole lot more likely to be neurotic.

I mean, think about it. We've got dumbf... fellow citizens, that is, actually going out and *passing laws* for the sole purpose of denying us our Constitutionally-guaranteed rights. How could we *not* be a little more messed up than your average straight person? I'm surprised most gay people are as mellow as they are.

I very much agree with that way of thinking..I think same sex relationships can be a lot more dramatic at times... But I also believe I have to take responsibility for the drama in my relationships..

I have to have boundaries in place to keep myself from getting involved with people of that nature for one thing. I also need to maintain these boundaries when I enter a relationship that seems healthy because sometimes people aren't what they seem..

This is why I am single and will likely remain single a long time.

I am no longer willing to sacrifice my own emotional needs, dignity and self respect all for the sake of having someone in my life.

Am I really gaining anything by being in a relationship that results in so much pain and discomfort? or a relationship I have to walk on eggshells to maintain?? Nope I don't think I am.

• I think the drama is the same between same sex and opposite sex relationships, but opposite sex relationship disruptions are more openly discussed compared to same sex relationship disruptions that are often kept more quiet. Having a more focused point of view and a narrower number of people to talk to expands the level of drama.

just the opposite was true in my case my ex was the drama queen lol my b/f is the sole of even headedness but just to be fair he hasn't been dealing with me as long as she did. LMAO

Good point. I've been gay for a very long time and I've seen a lot of drama in that part of my life. I wonder why that is?

Heteros are to tired and busy raising children.

I'm guessing because I've never tried same sex relationships.

Gay and Lesbian......Bi people are more likely to cheat than Straight people in my opinion.