- John Smith -- invented the Mormon church
- John Rolfe -- invented the massage technique known as "Rolfing"
- William Penn -- Magician, works with Edward Teller
- Nat Turner -- Tina's ex-husband
-Henry David Thoreau -- Invented the freeway, also called "Thoreauways" in his honor.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson -- Was in a rock band with Max Lake and Peanut Palmer
- William Lloyd Garrison -- Played by Kevin Costner in "JFK," he tried Clay SHaw for conspiracy in the assassination of Kennedy
-Frederick Douglas -- a New York lawyer who gave it up to run a farm; this was immortalized in the documentary television series "Green Acres."
- Charles Goodyear -- Built a blimp so he could see better at the Super Bowl
- Elias Howe -- Poet who rhymed "now" with "cow"
-Harriet Tubman -- invented the washtub
-Jefferson Davis -- Tennis player; the Davis Cup is named for him
- John Brown -- Discovered the color that happens when you mix red, blue, yellow and black, named it after himself
Use the WIkipedia for quick and easy answers.