what is the most important thing you know about this characters from American History?
- John Smith
- John Rolfe
- William Penn
- Nat Turner
-Henry David Thoreau
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- William Lloyd Garrison
- Charles Goodyear
- Elias Howe
- John Brown
i know you think this is alot but trust me it isnt i have had to answer 250 questions and these are just the ones that i cant find....so please help if you can i will give ten points to the most helpful one..thanks in advance!
i mean like in one sentence
one sentence about each of them
- BryceLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
- John Smith -- invented the Mormon church
- John Rolfe -- invented the massage technique known as "Rolfing"
- William Penn -- Magician, works with Edward Teller
- Nat Turner -- Tina's ex-husband
-Henry David Thoreau -- Invented the freeway, also called "Thoreauways" in his honor.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson -- Was in a rock band with Max Lake and Peanut Palmer
- William Lloyd Garrison -- Played by Kevin Costner in "JFK," he tried Clay SHaw for conspiracy in the assassination of Kennedy
-Frederick Douglas -- a New York lawyer who gave it up to run a farm; this was immortalized in the documentary television series "Green Acres."
- Charles Goodyear -- Built a blimp so he could see better at the Super Bowl
- Elias Howe -- Poet who rhymed "now" with "cow"
-Harriet Tubman -- invented the washtub
-Jefferson Davis -- Tennis player; the Davis Cup is named for him
- John Brown -- Discovered the color that happens when you mix red, blue, yellow and black, named it after himself
Use the WIkipedia for quick and easy answers.Source(s): http://www.wikipedia.org
- 4 years ago
john smith helped establish jamestown hogn rolfe was more political in establishing jamestown- tobacco william penn established most of pennsylvania, was a quaker nat turner- something about a revolution right? thoreau was a naturalist, lived only off nature, walden emerson followed thoreau, same idea garrison? frederick douglas? goodyear blimp howe- robberbaron i think tubman- underground railroad ??
- amandarez73Lv 61 decade ago
Joseph Smith founded the mormon church NOT john smith.
John smith was early colonist in Virginia, he was saved by Pocahontas from beheading by her father.
Edit: oh --didn't read far enough. very funny.