Have u ever wanted to go off on your grandmother???

my grandmother made some remarks about me that pissed me off I don't want to go off on her b/c well she is my grandmother and I don't want 2 be disrespectuf but she said some crazy things about me I know she is getting older and stuck in her ways but if u don't know the facts then be quiet, I would love to set her strait but I can't now what??? btw I am 25 and she told my mother that I am waiting around 4 the father of my children ( which I am not I can't stand him) and that I have let myself go and gained a bunch of weight ( I just don't have the money 2 fix myself up that's the main reason why I can't stand my kids father b/c he fails to pay child support and my job alone has 2 pay the bills not get my hair done and buy new clothes and lastly I have always been a little on the thick side which I have no problem with and I am trying 2 lose weight 4 me and my health! thanks

i don't have 4 kids just 2!!

Favorite Answer

I hear u loud and clear, my nana just passed away 2 yrs ago in June ,my younger sister(4yrs ) and I hav always been the grandkids born with a golden spoon in our mouth so needless 2 say what the rest of the family thought of us,and nana did not help at all since she was always talkin and because we didn't call daily as we got older (busy with friends) we didn't love her and yadda,yadda,yadda it came 2 a point when I thought i could talk 2 her with out wanting to argue and just talk it worked I needed 2 tell her how i felt I even shedded a tear or 2 but she got the point I say al this 2 say when Ur ready you will make it happen and with ease,the main thing that I had 2 tell her is that the street runs 2ways just like she wants me 2 call her she can call me ( mind u she drove a sports car til she was about 80Yrs old PROUD 2 SAY)but still just as she wanted me 2 call her she call me etc. Need I say any more? Now the diet thing some people can do it and others like us just can't or won't what has helped me ALOT is eating off of a smaller plate and better choices- NO mickey D's,BK,Wendy's,fried stuff MUCH LESS,MORE Veggie's and Fruit ,NO white bread LOTS of fish , with Water(plenty 2 help the fish live) and walking and walking and walking 3 miles a day and headphones help a lot or someone 2 walk with and be fine and if u are OK with who U are and R Happy with ur self and U gotta B happy with ur self then it's all GOOD!!! I did this 4 me no one else ME!! After my heartattack 5yrs ago I had no choice if I wanted 2 B here 4 my daughter. And u'll do it when Ur READY AND NOT ONE SECOND BEFORE , and as far as ur kids daddy GOD DONT LIKE UGLY!! Just Relax and Breath U'll be fine I HAVE FAITH IN U AND U KNOW WHERE TO FIND ME!!!

PS

DON'T U KNOW THICK IS IN it's all the RAGE!!!!

Yeah Vacation (both going on and the tune). You can consider me jealous man. I'm hoping to get out that way in the next couple years (I've been twice but not as an adult). Some quality beach time with the quality wife and some quality fruity coctails just sounds like perfection right now. I'm kind of bummed. There was this local funk rock band a few years ago and they had this song called Funk Vacation about how the singer just needed to get out of his daily life and go be funky, but the songs don't appear to be working on their myspace page anymore. Those guys were ridiculously good. It's a shame they fell apart, and I don't think they even got a quality recording put together (from what I understand that was a big reason, or maybe a perfect symbol for why it happened). Anyways, that was the best "vacation" song I could think of aside from the Go-Gos. Oh well. Have a really great trip Jimmy.

You want to go off on granny because she is picking on the things you feel insecure about. You are doing the very best you can and need to feel confident about that. We single moms don't always have the money to get our hair done or eat the healthy foods that will help us be in a better body shape. And waiting for the kids dad to step up to the plate doesn't make it any better.

Maybe in her day it was different so cut her a little slack. But there is no reason you can't tell her when she hurts you with her comments.

Your granny is old school and she still thinks that looking pretty will get you a good man. But it does not always work like that. I would just talk with her and tell her that she hurt your feelings. Obviously she does not realize that a single mother of four does not really have time to primp every day. Explain this to her. If she does not get it, then ignore her. I think you would regret going off on her because at the end of the day, she is your granny.

• Abiku

Yea my grandma is a Jehovah Witness and she's always talking about how the world is gonna end and how I need to embrace Jehovah into my life and leaving craploads of her Jehovah literature at my house. One day I'm just going to tell her I worship Satan so she can leave me alone

My granny drinks like a fish. Then she starts in about everyone she knows--calling them floozies. When she passes out, I steal her power chair and do burnouts in the driveway.

• Joan J

No matter how much I disagreed with her--I always gave her the respect well deserved.

tell her that what she is saying about you is hurtful....

and let her know that you are busting your butt to get the bills paid & take care of your kids, so you don't have time for yourself, OR FOR DRAMA!

Not my mom's mom.

But yes, to my dad's MOM, she's the one that pisses me off completely!

nope I havent