Which prison gang do jewish people affiliate with?

I understand from documentaries that max security and high level prisons in the US typically have inmates who segregate themselves based on race i.e. hispanic gangs are separate from white gangs who are separate from black gangs.

The white gangs tend to seem to be affiliated to neo nazism and aryanism which beggars the question - which gang do jewish inmates affiliate with?

I can't imagine they would fit in with the white gangs, and i don't imagine they have their own gangs etc, but there must be jewish guys in prison right?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Daniel
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Well, the custom of most Jews is just to stay out of prison - the easiest way to do this is to not commit crimes. To my knowledge, there are no Jewish prison gangs, and for sure a Jew is unlikely to be welcomed in most prison gangs (prison gangs tend to be organized along ethnic lines, and they tend to not be so fond of our kind). But it's kind of a moot point, to be honest. I'd be willing to bet that just as we are overrepresented in the university system, we're probably underrepresented in the prison system. And those of us who are in jail are probably overrepresented in the less-than-maximum security prisons, more likely convicted of white collar crimes than crimes of the more thuggish variety. Even when we do wrong, we still have standards. ;)

A Jew in a prison rife with neo-nazis, black supremacists, Mexican gang bangers, and the like, is, well, f***ed.

• 3 years ago

Jewish Prison Gangs

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Criminal Records Search Database - http://CriminalRecords.raiwi.com/?pHTj
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

Many Russian gangsters are Jewish; Russian Jews came here for asylum. Those affiliated with gangsters, having done time in Russian prisons, turned to crime in America. An American Jewish male opting to embrace a criminal lifestyle would probably feel alienated in prison. Russians stick together; it is not the Jewish bond that binds. The Orthodox Jewish criminals in the news lately do not seem to have a known presence in prison, and again, an American Conservative or Reform Jew would feel alienated. As Super Jew stated, Jews in prison is a moot point. Most Conservative American Jews end up in "Club Fed" if their criminal acts lead to prison; there simply are not enough Jews on the street . Jewish gangsters are similar to Irish gangsters...the majority are in business or law school; crime is borderline unnecessary at this point.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Which prison gang do jewish people affiliate with?

I understand from documentaries that max security and high level prisons in the US typically have inmates who segregate themselves based on race i.e. hispanic gangs are separate from white gangs who are separate from black gangs.

The white gangs tend to seem to be affiliated to neo nazism and...

Source(s): prison gang jewish people affiliate with: https://biturl.im/E7SRq
  • 4 years ago

Black Guerrilla Family (BGF) probably. I've known several people who've gone to prison (a couple were BGF) and researched it a bit. Oftentimes, you must join a gang for protection. Otherwise you will be marked as an easy victims for all kind of assaults and maltreatment and you can't rely on guards to protect you. They'll only protect a snitch in exchange for highly valued sensitive infortmation on other criminals, information you probably won't have unless you were already involved in a gang. Inmates don't usually mix outside their race, so I'd have to join a black gang like BGF. Also being a prisoner would make me resentful and hostile of authority in general, so BGF's anti-goverment, anti-religious, revolutionary type message would probably appeal to me in prison.

• 5 years ago

Most Jews in prison are non-believers but suddenly become aware that they are a Jew. Violence is uncommon but threats continue daily. One of the favorite scare used against the Jew is to get his eyes poked out after he falls asleep. This maintains the Jew awake for days resulting in hallucinations. Being verbally isolated can be psychologically devastating which often leads to the traumatized Jewish offering anything possible for a few kind words from an extortion gang. Dozens of scare tactics are utilized. Upon discharge the Jew is forever traumatized with horror filled nightmares.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Jewish people account for a mere 2% of the world's global religious population and dominant prison clans are of Latin, White-American, and Black origin, all of whom express disdain for Jewish inmates. However, because White-American's are a prison group with considerably low representation compared to Black and Latin prison groups, they do align themselves with the few Jewish people that reside in general population. It's not about racial or religious belief for White groups since they are undermanned behind to Latin and Black groups; it's all a numbers game.

• 1 decade ago

Lol to copy Super Jew,

Prison + Jew = lots of blood.

A religious Jew like me (flex) stays out of prison, because our Torah bans us from doing anything that's against the law. If a Jew is in prison, then they're probably not all that religious, and even if they're in prison for something they didn't do, then they'd get beat up before they could even make a gang.

• 1 decade ago

Sure there are Jewis guys in prison...but prison gangs operate differently than street gangs.

And yes, there is a history of a 'Jewish Mafia' in the U.S. But they are not prevelant in the prison system.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.