I wonder why people have to come up with questions bashing Jehovah's witnesses...?

...then again our God Jehovah said in His word the Bible that His true followers would be "objects of hatred on account of his name". (Jehovah) And in the last days people would be "fierce", "without Godly devotion", "lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God". And it absolutely FLOORS me that people complain about us. But I guess that they're using their God given free will to the full. By the way, if you don't believe in the Bible, do a little research on the text and ask yourself then, why do places-and things that the Bible speaks of- keep being found?

People will look for ANY reason to bash us because we are not out there doing what everyone else is doing. (That was even prophesied in 1 Peter 4:4). But we only do what the BIBLE says to do, nothing more, nothing less.

We are NOT perfect, no matter what anyone says, I can't count how many times we admit that.

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It's fascinating to meditate on the fact that few persons at the time knew the prophecies of the Hebrew Scriptures better than the Sadducees and Pharisees, especially related to the Messiah. Yet, they apparently were unable to help themselves from working to fulfill many of those prophecies and thus prove that Jesus was indeed the Christ, the Messiah.

Were Christ's enemies motivated by self-importance? Yes.

...(John 11:47-48) Consequently the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered the Sanhedrin together and began to say: “What are we to do, because this man performs many signs? If we let him alone this way, they will all put faith in him, and the Romans will come and take away both our place and our nation.”

Were Christ's enemies motivated by some unseen force of evil? Yes.

...(John 8:42-44) Jesus said to them: “...Why is it you do not know what I am speaking? Because you cannot listen to my word. You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father.

Yet, the bible makes it clear that at least some of those Jewish persecutors of Christ and Christianity actually had pure motives, misguided because they needed to learn the truth (see 1 Timothy 1:12-14). Jehovah's Witnesses hope that the enemies of God and Christ are merely misguided, and hope that these enemies recognize that true Christianity is about "good news" rather than arguments and attacks, or bitterness and venom.

It is true that Jehovah's Witnesses are not loved by everyone.

http://jw-media.org/newsroom/human_rights.htm

Some people hate Jehovah's Witnesses out of ignorance, or over some misunderstanding. A few may have had a bad personal experience with an individual who claimed to be a Jehovah's Witness, and prejudicially extended their animus to this entire Christian religion.

However, it seems that the majority of anti-Witness hatred is motivated by religious intolerance and bigotry. A few may even be motivated against their Christian worship by the unseen 'god of this system of things', Satan the Devil.

(2 Corinthians 4:4) the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers

Interestingly, such "hatred" should be expected by true Christians in this time of the end, and it actually helps identify Jehovah's Witnesses as Christ's true disciples:

(John 15:19) If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, on this account the world hates you.

(Luke 6:22) Happy are you whenever men hate you, and whenever they exclude you and reproach you and cast out your name as wicked for the sake of the Son of man.

(1 Peter 4:4) Because you do not continue running with them in this course to the same low sink of debauchery, they are puzzled and go on speaking abusively of you.

(2 Timothy 4:3-5) For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories. You, though, keep your senses in all things, suffer evil, do the work of an evangelizer, fully accomplish your ministry.

It seems signficant that the relatively small religion of Jehovah's Witnesses are the ones best known for their worldwide preaching work. Yet Jesus commanded that ALL who would call themselves "Christian" perform this public work:

(Matthew 28:19,20) Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And, look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.

Learn more:

http://watchtower.org/e/jt/index.htm

http://watchtower.org/e/20030301/article_01.htm

http://watchtower.org/e/20020401/article_01.htm

• 1 decade ago

You're so right, I've noticed since Ibeen here, and it hasn't been that long. Any I like the 12-19 verse of that same chapter of Peter which says...Beloved ones, do not be puzzled at the burning among YOU, which is happening to YOU for a trial, as though a strange thing were befalling YOU.  On the contrary, go on rejoicing forasmuch as YOU are sharers in the sufferings of the Christ, that YOU may rejoice and be overjoyed also during the revelation of his glory.  If YOU are being reproached for the name of Christ, YOU are happy, because the [spirit] of glory, even the spirit of God, is resting upon YOU.

However, let none of YOU suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or as a busybody in other people’s matters.  But if [he suffers] as a Christian, let him not feel shame, but let him keep on glorifying God in this name.  For it is the appointed time for the judgment to start with the house of God. Now if it starts first with us, what will the end be of those who are not obedient to the good news of God?  “And if the righteous [man] is being saved with difficulty, where will the ungodly [man] and the sinner make a showing?”  So, then, also let those who are suffering in harmony with the will of God keep on commending their souls to a faithful Creator while they are doing good.

Source(s): Your Louisisana Sister
  • 1 decade ago

Teresa, I think we're all there with you. But Jesus said we should expect it (Matthew 24:9-11)

Just remember Matthew 24:13 - But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved.

There's really no need to get upset over people 'bashing' Jehovah's Witnesses. The important thing is that we're doing what he has asked and must be patient until his appointed time comes. We're so much closer! (Matthew 24:36-42)

Keep on keeping on :)

Source(s): Holy Bible
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Good Question!!

Unfortunately the facts can be right under peoples noses

and they would still chose to deny it...Just as Jesus said on the Sermon on the mount Matthew 5:10-12

10)Happy are those who have been persecuted for righteousness sake, since the kingdom of the heavens belongs to them.

11)Happy are you when people reproach you and persecute you and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against you for my sake.

12)Rejoice and leap for joy,since your reward is great in the heavens, for in that way they persecuted the prophets prior to you.

Honestly people don't WANT to believe, they don't want to give up there lifestyles which in essence is very sad because Jehovah created us and we BELONG to him.

Jehovah will reward us though in the end. as Matthew 6:19-21

19)Stop storing up for yourselves treasures upon this earth, were moth and rust consume, and where thieves break in and steal.

20)Rather, store up for yourselves treasure in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes, and where thieves do not break in and steal.

21) For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Its clear to see there is nothing to offer in this system of things and there is no other religion with such a strong united brotherhood.(John 15:12 - This is my commandment, that you love one another just as I have loved you.)We are all imperfect and its amazing the way people look at us so badly and yet expect us to never make a mistake.

This scripture always comforts me...

John 16:33

33) I have said these things to you that by means of me you may have peace. In the world you are having tribulation. but take courage! I have conquered the world.

-Xero

Source(s): 16 years in service to Jehovah
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No doubt some are bashing Jehovah's Witnesses. However some are asking valid questions that need to be answered.

Just because a person asks a difficult question is not necessarily bashing. Neither is it necessarily bashing when someone shows what the society has printed in the past.

When a Witness comes to my door, I often ask them a few questions. One is "Can you show me where in the bible it says Michael became Jesus?" Interesting when we examine the verses that are used, no verse makes the claim of Michael becoming Jesus.

Another question I ask is "Can we study the bible with out literature from your organization and then come to the same conclusion as what you all teach?" I have never had a witness agree to study the bible alone with me with out using Watchtower literature. Nor have I had a witness come back after showing them statements by the Watchtower that says one comes to a different conclusion when reading the bible alone then when reading it with the help of the Watchtower.

feel free to contact me if you like

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's b-cuz we serve the true God.

We live according to His standards.

We don't feel / think that what we want / think / do

is the "thing to do."

It is Jehovah who gives us the best way to live

a clean and godly life NOW,

to align your life w/ God's standards,

pleases HIm & His Son Jesus,

{and gives us the best life possible, NOW}

And Not the ruler of this system of things;

which (obviously) includes all those worldly

folks living by their own standards ~

seperate from the true God.

So, they go on the attack.

• 1 decade ago

This continues to amaze me .... We have people who claim they have studied a bible for fifty plus years , and they still don't get it .... The bible was written by men but inspired from God .... From beginning to end is beyond easy to understand for men and women who have faith in it's meanings , Those looking for errors where none exists will have the most frustrating life on this planet imaginable , as is obviously being shown by many who's faith lie with men's teachings instead of our Creator's in his own book.......

• Lenio
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It bothers me when people bash JW's but I couldn't be more proud because I know we have the truth. And Jesus did say we must be prepared to be persecuted in order to serve him.

John15:18-20 If the world hates you, you know it has hated me before it hated you. 19 If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, on this account the world hates you. 20 Bear in mind the word I said to you, A slave is no greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will persecute you also; if they have observed my word, they will observe yours also.

Source(s): New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures
  • 1 decade ago

JESUS endured persuction for his faith. And since we (Jehovahs Witnesses) are followers of Jesus, we should expect the same type of persecution. People do not get to UNDERSTAND why we believe what we believe because they dont want to, and they are busy reading false things about Jehovahs Witnesses that people who dont even take the time to consider things write. Most people think we dont even believe in Jesus! It's just something to expect and prepare for, because no matter what, satan will try to attack us. Rely on Jehovah friend, and he will protect you ;-)

Source(s): the bible, www.watchtower.org
  • 1 decade ago

This is more of a speech then a question, though I do agree with you.

Honestly, in general I find when someone resorts to lies and slurs it's cause they don't have much of a leg to stand on.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.