Questions about the church/denomination United Church of Christ?

Can you tell me about the United Church of Christ? Does it align with what the bible says? Is it accurate or dangerous like Mormonism(hey that's my opinion!)

Please be as specific as you can and please answer if you ARE Christian.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The United church of Christ is not the same as the church of Christ. I am a member of the church of Christ.

There is a vast difference between the two.

It's amazing the difference one word can make.

The United church of Christ should not be confused with the church of Christ we read about in the New Testament, which Jesus established and purchased with his blood, and over which he reigns as head (Mat. 16:18; Acts 20:28; Eph. 1:22f). The true church of Christ is not a denomination, nor is it composed of denominations. It did not begin in 1957, but in the first century, on the day of Pentecost following the resurrection of Christ (Acts 2). The New Testament church is composed of those who believe in Christ, repent of sin, are baptized (immersed in water) for the remission of sins and continue in the apostles’ doctrine (Acts 2:36-38, 42).

Unlike the United church of Christ and other denominations, the true “churches of Christ,” as they are referred to in Romans 16:16, have no synods, church councils or man-made creeds to guide them; they recognize the Bible as the only and all-sufficient, authoritative rule of faith and practice (2 Tim. 3:16-17). That is why we in the churches of Christ do not have councils to set church policy or vote on what we should adopt as the tenets of our faith. That is why we do not endorse homosexuality. God loves all, and Jesus invites all to come to him—including homosexuals—but he calls upon us to repent of our sins or perish (Luke 13:3; Acts 2:38). We should have compassion on those struggling with the burden of sin and guilt, but if we would be true to Jesus Christ as his church, then we cannot approve of what our Lord condemns.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

As far as I've heard of them and seen on their website it is in line with the Bible.

Mormonism isn't dangerous and that is quite rude and a horrendous thing to say about any religion, especially one you don't know anything about.

Doubt you would consider me a Christian though.

Source(s): LDS
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

take a bible with you & when they say "the bible tells us" or "the bible says" read the passages for your self & make a truly informed opinion of your own!

Source(s): just an idea!
  • 1 decade ago

Just waiting for Chris to condemn you to hell again

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.