why do women expect men to read their minds?

like women expect us to read their minds, like we know what's going on in there. oh. ok.

• Tracey
    Favorite Answer

They don't. They have generally told you what they want, and you have merely failed to listen.

That said, women are generally better able to read non-verbal behavior in people, and many forget that men do not have this skill to the same degree and wonder why so many men miss non-verbal signals that are obvious to women.

It is not about reading our minds. If you are with someone and you have known them for any period of time, there are certain things you should know about them that they should not necessarily have to tell you. You should know when they are upset, or sad or have something on their minds. I don't think that they expect you to know exactly what those things are, but it bothers us when you see these things and walk around appearing to be oblivious. Then, to use the excuse "I am not a mind reader" just makes it worse. If you have not formed some sort of knowledge about a person that you spend time with on a regular basis, then that is a problem. it is not as simple as "women expect us to read their minds" because I don't think a female stranger would stop you on the street and ask you to tell her what she is thinking. I am guessing that you mean females that you are involved with in some sort of relationship. You expect a woman to have an understanding of you, what makes you happy, tick, etc. If she kept doing things that annoyed you, wouldn't you at some point think, "why does she keep doing that?" You expect her to know better, right? We expect the same thing. I think men just find it too difficult to expend any engery thinking, so they take the easy road out. But there is no easy road out. Relationships take work, and this is what they mean when they say it. It takes work and time to get to know someone. While communication is definitely key, there are some things that should not have to be communicated, the initiative should just be taken. It's not about reading the other's mind, it's about knowing that person and reading their responses.

Some women expect men to read their mind and catch non verbal actions. The solution is for these women to speak more clearly.

This is a very valid question but I think it applies to both sexes almost equally. Couples do need to talk more---not lecture---but exchange openly and honestly about their feelings, their expectations, their disappointments, etc. None of us are mind readers yet we all, at times, expect our mates to do just that.

And I don't understand why some people brood over the dumbest things when a little conversation will resolve things. Example: Good friends and the husband is always telling his wife, "I'll do anything you ask me to do around here. All you have do is ask." But she still broods because he won't remember to take out the trash on his own. My, god, such a huge thing to lose sleep over. NOT. Just tell him every Tuesday, big deal and he's happy to help.

It's women's counterpart to men wanting women to wear lingere, stay thinner than us, and maybe even allow a little "variety" in sexual partners. It's a decadent, unreasonable expectation that most women still get granted by their men, to varying extents. Of course, men's counterpart is usually not acceptable, as it shouldn't be. Except sometimes in the area of food, we as men can't relate to the intrinsic romantic value of having one's partner "figure out" what makes us happy, while we keep that vital information from our partner. This female tendency, along with jabbing at and nagging their man to see if he'll stand up for himself, are the main two lamentable things most men will just have to learn to tolerate & defend against, sometimes simultaneously. I suggest we just call this out when it happens and find a woman that does this crap the least.

I don't know, but it isn't fair. I don't like to do that to poor hubs. If I hint he won't pick up on it. Best to just speak plainly, and tell him exactly what you want from him. Because it's really unfair, and kinda stupid, to expect him to read your mind and then resent him and give him the cold shoulder when he can't.

Women read in to non-verbal communication much more than men.

That's where the confusion come from.

Personally, I say what's on my mind. Even if I ended up reading his verbal cues correctly, it makes things much clearer.

Many are narcissists, who believe what they want and even think should automatically be granted them without question, and even, at times, without them asking. It's a from of mental illness.

However, if you find yourself attracted to this type, stop NOW. You might be spoiling them, or feel like they belong on a pedestal to be worshiped. They are merely human, like all of us, and have the responsibility to treat us as well as we them. Don't start out by lavishing therm with gifts and expensive dates if you do, because it's a Good waste of money. Get to know women as Friends, and see if something develops tromp that, because a good female friend who we are attracted to and want more over time will not hurt us.

As though my thoughts are etched on the side of my brain and you can come and pursue them as you would read a book; now that is as unlikely as the Great Blue Whale becoming a landlubber.

Yeah,

When I was in USA (immigrant) I couldn't work... After MONTHs of no money to speak my ex-wife gave me $5. Yes, I nearly fell off my chair in excitement.

I went out and bought a batter charger.

Apparently, it wasn't the right thing. What she had 'failed to convey' was that this $5 she'd "given" me was actually to spend on her - Yes, I was wrong for buying something we both may use and instead was supposed to just 'know' that had expected me to buy something for her instead.

As I said, that was EX wife.

My ex-husband paid no attention to anything but himself so I don't expect any man to read my mind. 40 years of schooling at the hands of a master taught me well.

Women, they don't because they can't and they don't want to.

Don't expect that and you won't be disappointed.

C. :)!!