Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Is EMOTIONAL and PHYSICAL cheating considered equally wrong?

some people think it's just as bad.

FOR EXAMPLE..

people on the internet. someone you are talking with and become "friendly" and leads to an emotional thing. BUT, you are in a relationship outside the net.

is that cheating and if it is then is that EMOTIONAL cheating as bad as the physical?

Favorite Answer

talking on the Internet is not cheating, even if you become friends over the Internet, not sure how one can become emotionally involve through the Internet, I understand you can feel happy, sad for someone with the news they give you, but you can be emotional like that through listening to the news, reading newspapers or any other form of communication.

Worrying or feeling happy for someone is not cheating, you are just showing your compassion for others.

• i asked this question recently and i believe both emotional and physical cheating are wrong. as for your example, i went through the same thing recently. it is wrong and disrespectful to ones partner to cheat in ANY way and it is even worse when it is pointed out to ones partner and he or she will not stop, even though he or she knows it is hurting the other person. personally, i think emotional cheating is worse and hurts more. just my opinion...everyone has a different opinion. maybe if people could only use avatars on here and not real provocative pictures, which are sometimes real and sometimes not real, but definitely inappropriate for children, then perhaps some of the emotional cheating would lessen? maybe i am wrong, perhaps the person is going to do it no matter what to fulfill a need or an empty spot in himself or herself...love is all about trust and if the trust is gone, then i believe the relationship is done...again, just my opinion.

Before I met a guy that I am now in love with, I would flirt a little and didn't think it was so bad. Now, there is no way I can do that and think it is okay. Love is about trust and not looking elsewhere for other things.

Emotional and physical cheating are equally bad. It demeans the love and trust you have with your partner.

I think emotional cheating is just as bad. You're allowing someone into an intimate part of your life-it just happens not to be physical.

The emotional will hurt your partner worse than the physical cheating.

makes sense that people would find both wrong seeing the only difference in the two is that the emotional one has limitations of distance, keeping you from physically cheating

So this means that you're a cheater yourself and you don't care if you hurt someone in the process. So it's okay for someone to cheat on you right? Your way of thinking is stupid.

Please don't become stuck in such limited thinking...perhaps it is not a question of cheating, rather a question of "connecting" to others at a higher level of being. It seems to me that when we are drawn to another, we are on the same wavelength, we are "energetically" connected to them. One does not have to drop one for the other; after all there's enough Love in the Universe to share with everyone. Of course, this is not limited to the opposite gender; we can feel this "communion" with those of the same sex, as well. This is a good thing, because it destroys the superficial boundaries that humankind has erected in its rush to pacify an external "moral authority." Let your heart be pure, and reach out to everyone in this way. When we are no longer "separated" and filled with fear we will be as we were intended...joyful expressions from our source, whatever you call that.

i am Sirius

emotional friendship is OK but not a romantic friendship. If a platonic friendship, the spouse should be told in case they find out later and wonder why you were keeping a secret. Then they might suspect

• Lili

GREAT Question!!!

I say yes - if you give yourself physically or emotionally to someone else then its cheating.......I honestly think emotionally cheating is kinda worse than just a physical thing.