What are the characteristics of song (a kind of lyric poetry)??

Pls give me another characteristics of the lyric poetry- song except for (it is intended to be sung) and what is the difference (in general) in other kind of poetry such as ballad, elegy, ode etc.

Give me also an example of lyric poetry and the reason why this is a kind of a song...

Favorite Answer

You'll generally find it hard to pinpoint any particular structure that you can put a name to like sonnet or something like that. It'll be a little more free in terms of form but it will be regular with its rhythms and it will rhyme.

• Anita

A ballad should be easy - think of all the American Heroes of the old west, and write it in rhyming couplets. Jesse James was an outlaw, and with brother Frank They rode into Deadwood - their target - the Bank. Jesse was evil, he had hate in his eyes He loved more than cash, he took people's lives. When the teller was slow, Jesse wanted him dead So just for fun, shot him right through the head. Frank and Jesse were outlaws, the scum of the West and so on (if you want them to be heroes just change things around a bit) A prose poem would be (not that I ever write them) An unrhymed, even perhaps unrhymical piece. Let your imagination rip. If you don't know any poetry, think of some songs you like. I like Paul Simons' stuff - be uses expressions like 'the injured road' Sonnet and Haikut - there will be definitely be explanation of those on the web. (All I can remember is a Sonnet has 14 lines - the rhyme scheme can vary depending on whether it is a Shakesperean Sonnet or whatever) Haikus (usually) have a 5, 7, 5 syllables (check out some stuff on here) but don't pinch anything! Best of luck

• leesa

Songs often include a repeating chorus or verse which is designed to "hook" the listener into singing along.

Songs bash you over the head and kick you repeatingly when you're down on the ground.

Poetry just taps you on the shoulder.

Fluidity of wording & the right tune to go with the words! If the words flow together well it can be song to the right tune

Source(s): a self proclaimed Bard! Me!