Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Im 14 years old and I weigh 104 pounds what can I do to gain more weight?

People pick on me because Im skinn and I dont want that to happen anymore what do i do or what can I eat so I can gain weight fast please help

Favorite Answer

It's not good to lose weight all at once or to gain weight all at once. It messes up your metabolism and you'll just get fatter than you wanted to. You seem healthy to me. I'm 16 and I weigh 115. People do say I'm skinny but it's not like I have any control of it. Just love your body. Seriously, people will always have problems with their own bodies and with others. There is no perfect body; not even models or celebs have the perfect bodies. It's just airbrushing and what not. If this is any consolation, my friend's 17 and she weighs 85 pounds and she eats.

Source(s): Mee =]

Don't do anything. Your lack of weight is a blessing. Over people's lifetimes, they often just grow in girth. Those that are small to begin with will inherit the earth, but they don't know it when they feel like the 104 pound weakling. Be proud of who you are... you will have the flat abs that everyone will envy later. You will have energy because you aren't carrying fat around on your body later in life. You will be more healthy. Go and thank your parents for your genes. You are blessed. There are many people on this Answers site that would trade places with you in a second. More people are trying to get the weight off than trying to put the weight on.

I think I can help you. Don't listen to the people that tell you to eat a lot of junk because obviously you don't want to be fat. My suggestion is to get into weight lifting. If there is a local gym, YMCA etc. talk to one of the trainers and try to get on a program if possible. While on the program, take Whey Isolate Protein and, if you want to, Creatine or other supplements as instructed by the trainer those are just what I used at your age. Also, while weight lifting, eat a balanced, healthy diet no junk food. If you stay consistent with it, you can gain weight and muscle mass. Also, when you get big, you can beat up the kids that made fun of you.

P.S. Don't take Weight Gain supplements they are full of fat calories that you don't want and/or need.

Source(s): I'm 16 and I lift weights and play football, basketball, baseball

Pick up one of those calorie suppliments from GNC or a similar store. Keep in mind that simply eating more calories is an easy way to gain fat, but if you want to gain muscle mass instead you'll need to incorporate some strength training as well.

im underweight too but i see a nutritionist

u need to eat MORE CALORIES THEN U BURN TO GAIN WEIGHT...EAT MORE OF THESE TYPES OF SNACKS/FOODS ...

dried fruit(especially raisins)-instead of fresh fruit

-Lean meats

-complex carbs(oatmeal, brown rice, whole wheat bread/pasta)

-peanut butter(put on anything)-or other nuts

-"proto pure" protein bars....each has 300 calories and 32 g protein but are low fat(7-8g), ok carb(around 26), very low sugar(1g), very healthy and delicious...i like the chewy chocolate chip and chocolate deluxe..or the regular "pure" protein bars but they are smaller and only have around 180-200 calories and 20 grams of protein

-loose granola or muesli(as a good snack)

-potatoes and corn instead of greens

-drink BOOST PLUS and ensure plus(the chocolate is the best) they have 350-360 calories each and have alot of vitamins, healthy fats, and the carbs u need...look them up...there is a difference between the regular and the plus...

-milk/other dairy products

-beans/seeds

U HAVE 2 MAKE SURE U DONT BURN WHAT U EAT AND HAVE A HEALTHY SNACK BEFORE BED LIKE A PB&J SANDWICH AND A GLASS OF CHOCOLATE MILK or boost plus

Well, people here don't really pick on skinny people since because all they have is muscle.

Instead of trying to gain weight, work up on strength instead. It should give you confidence to stand up for yourself. =]

Umm, if you're not starving yourself and you're eating healthy then you don't nedd to gain weight. Some people just have tiny matabilisms and you can't change genitcs. Be happy and don't let them get to you. And if you do gain weight do it with junk, and risk you're life do it healthy

i got up to 120 pounds by age 25 but i stopped running 10 miles a day and 10 MPH and started weight training and taking protein powder or raw egg whites vitamins and stuff and got up to 175 pounds lean. its better to be skinny then fat my son is 13 and just got up to 70 pounds! he is your age and you outweigh him by 34 pounds!!! thats great! think about it you are huge compared to him

Source(s): life experience

Watch tv in bed while munching on some potato chips and twinkies.

ASK YOU DOCTOR TO PERSCRIBE YOU THESE PILLS CALLED PERIACTIN I GAINED 12 POUNDS IN ONE WEEK I USE TO BE 120 BEFORE TAKING THE MEDS AND NOW IM 160