Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 decade ago

I cant insert a tampon!?

im 12 years old and ive had my period for more than a year now....but rite now its rele heavy....ive tried inserting tampons several times and i ve read the directions on the boxeslike a million times and it doesnt rele help. it like, wont go in my hole(sry that sounds so gross!) please give me some tips bout how to stick it in there!!

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Same here! First of all, just relax. Aim for the small of your back. Put a little water based lubricant on the tip for ease in insertion. And if it STILL doesn't work, you may be one of the small percentage with a problem with the hymen. Some have small holes in them, no holes, or two holes, all of which make it near impossible or very painful to insert one.

• 4 years ago

Hi hun it doesn't sound ridiculous, I had the same a few years ago, it could be something to do with your hymen. It may not be broken yet. I had the same problem before mine actually broke. I got to the point of just getting fed up with it not going in far enough and using pads instead. Once my hymen was broke (this was actually after I'd had sex for the first time) things are much easier going in to my vagina. I'm not saying, have sex, not at all till you're ready but there are ways to break your hymen other than sex. You can break your hymen by using tampons, masturbating and even some sports like horse riding and bike riding too. I tried some of these and in the end mine just broke during sex for the first time. Hope I helped.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

OMG u know i have the same exact problem so i dont think its gross... i've been embaressed to ask this question so i just gave up on tampons cuz ive tried absolutly everything! im gonna get thumbs down for sayng ths but i bet that none of these will help cuz it didnt help me, but keep trying! u might not b ready for them yet, but just keep trying every day u have ur period, and one day it will go in... even if its when ur 21. thats really all i can do to help, i know it probably didnt help but all i can offer is moral support, cuz everyones already said everythiing else. good luck!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You need to relax... if you are tense it won't go in. Also, you should try using a mirror the first couple of times - it helped me a lot.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it should go in ez but if ur dry u might wanna put a little lube on it. not to much tho and try to slide it in again. i been using them for 3 yrs now...im a pro

• 1 decade ago

Get some KY Gelle, and make sure that you are not putting it in the wrong hole (not the one you pee out of)

www.beinggirl.com will help

• 1 decade ago

just make sure your relaxed and insert it invery slowly. make sure you insert it in a upward like position. and try it many times if it feels uncomfortable. if it still feels uncomfortable, you might need to use a smaller size

• 1 decade ago

have no idea im a boy n the only thing i think a guy can use them for is nose bleeds never done it but

• 1 decade ago

I have the same problem, I am still trying and I can't get it. I am starting to use a mirror though, I am trying though.

• 1 decade ago

put some sort of lubricant on it, like petroleum jelly, and it helps a lot

Source(s): i had the same problem
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.