Fertile days?

I am 5 days late...I don't think I am pregnant (I only had sex once during the month and it was only about 4 days before my period was due). I am not under additional stress, no weight changes, etc. I know pregnancy can happen anytime, but this has happened before, I was about 2 weeks late, and then my period started just fine. They didn't want to run any tests because they said it is common to have a late period every once in awhile...what else can cause it? I dont think it's very likely I am pregnant, but would that be really strange to get pregnant at that time? I thought it was like mid-cycle you were most fertile.

Also, I don't want to waste the $8 on a pregnancy test when I have been late before with it being normal, so if I am still late in a week or so, I will, but until then, I don't want to.

Favorite Answer

You are right about the fertile days being about mid cycle. To be a little more exact, it is 14 days before your period. So if you have a cycle (1st day to 1st day) of 28 days then it is on the 14th day and if you have a 30 day cycle it will be on the 16th day. Sperm can live up to 3 days in a woman's body so..If you have a 30 day cycle you can get pregnant by having sex on between day 13 through day 17. The only thing that makes this unreliable for birth control is that very few women are exactly 30 days every month. In the old days this was the only form of birth control that was O.K. to use by the Catholic Church and many churches still go by this rule. There are also some women that ovulate more than one time a month, hence Fraternal twins. So you can see why it is not reliable.

Although you may not be having stress this week, can you remember if you were stressed out during that fertile week? Relax I am sure that you will start any minute now. Good Luck.

I am assuming your not on birth control, because if so your less likely to have late days. However, it is possible. It is mid cycle your most fertile, but you need to keep in mind that there isn't a time where your not fertile at all. So its always possible. I was 9 weeks late one time, and then one day it just happened. And no I was never pregnate. The only thing you can do is wait and see what happens. By the way, you can go to the dollar store and they sell tests that are cheaper and as effective as the others if money is an option. Good luck to you.

If you still havent gotten your period by this next friday pay the 8 and get the test. Its better to be negative then never take it and end up pregnant when your not ready. Also keep in mind stress will cause this, so can diet, your weight.K also you can talk to your doc about getting a pill to help regulate your periods. Alot of women are on them for that. Im on them for that. Good luck and best wishes when you take that test

Source(s): got pregnant with both kids 1 week before period and had 3 full periods while in first trimester with last baby.

yes, even healthy women have late periods or even skip periods every now and again. The time that you had sex would not be your most fertile time although you could still have gotten pregnant. I would say if you don't get it in a few days, go ahead and just take the test to be sure.

Remember that starting your period is actually the start of your menstrual cycle, not the end. So, about 14 (on average) after the first day of your period is when you ovulate. If you ovulate regularly.

• GO TO WWW.BABYCENTER.COM FOR MORE INFO ON THAT. GOOD LUCK