pog asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 decade ago

Removing Permanent marker On Car License Plate ?

Some one wrote on the license plate of my car and i have tryed everything and used any product that u can find around a house and nothing removes the blue marker, anyone have any thing that can remove it from the license plate ?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

try WD40 or 70% rubing alcohol.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Permanent Marker On Plates

• 1 decade ago

Get an erasable marker (any colour should be fine) and trace over whatever was written on the license plate. Then erase it using a soft cloth or paper towel. Trace and erase in small sections because if left too long that marker may dry on and you'll have to repeat the process. I'm a teacher and in some classes teachers pick up permanent marker instead of erasable for the whiteboards. That's what we do to remove the permanent marker. It may work on your license plate. Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

If you mean like a magic marker, alcohol will work OK, but denatured alcohol will get it all off very easily. Just put the alcohol directly on the plate, wait maybe 5 to 10 seconds and wipe the marker off.

If there's any left on the plate, put some more on a clean paper towel and rub it off. That's the easy way.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

well i know in my office her we have a white board that we use permenant and dry marker on, to get off the permenant we just write over it with the dry and it comes right off , you may wanna practice it a few times before you do the actual thing remember these may be two different materials ok. That is horrible some a hole did that!!

• 1 decade ago

You can buy a small can of "OOPS" in the paint dept. at Wal-Mart for a few bucks. It removes paint, marker, stains, sticky residue, etc. It works wonders, and is great to have around the house!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Magic Eraser works really well on permanent marker.

• 1 decade ago

WD40 and Magic Eraser!

WD40 will break the "permanent" bond between the pigment and the surface while the magic eraser will scrub the residual away.

• 1 decade ago

Try some rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover on a soft cloth.:)

• 1 decade ago

Have you tried hair spray? It works great on marker!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.