Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsMusic & Music Players · 1 decade ago

What should I do my iPod nano froze?

Its the 2nd generation previous one. the screen turned white , but so its blank no menu, you can still listen to music I call it a shuffle now but how do you fix this thanks!

28 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

To reset iPod, iPod (scroll wheel), iPod (touch wheel), and iPod (dock connector)

Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)

Press and hold the Play/Pause and Menu buttons simultaneously until the Apple/iPod logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

If the above steps did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to sleep.

If you are still unable to reset your iPod, use only one finger from one hand to press the Center (Select) button, and one finger from the other hand to press the Menu button.

When you reset iPod all your music and files are saved, but some customized settings may be lost. Date and time is preserved (unless the iPod reset itself because it had no power and then was reconnected to power). Other customized settings, such as Bookmarks, On-The-Go Playlists, Shuffle, Backlight timer, and so forth are preserved from the last time the hard drive turned on.

• 1 decade ago

If it froze do this, Hold menu and the middle botton at the same time for about 10-20 secs then it will turn off and u can turn it back on, if not ..... just wait till battery dies and plug it will be fine after that but the menu//middle botton should do the trick

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

press the menu and the middle button at the same time and hold for a while to reset the ipod. you dont lose anythin its just like turning it off then on again.

Source(s): my own experience **best answer material ;)**
  • 1 decade ago

move the hold button back and forth a couple of times, but make sure after you do that its not locked. then press the middle buttong and the menu botton together. hold it for about 10 second or so. then you will see that it will turn on again.

hope it works.

Source(s): i did that to mine when it froze
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Press the the center button and the Play and pause button at the same time and your Ipod will be all fixed!

• 1 decade ago

Try holding down the middle button and the play button at the same time for 10 seconds. I *Think* that's the button combo to reset it.

• 4 years ago

I know EXACTLY what to do... Leave it to go off for aslong as it takes, I left mine for a few days and it was fine cos this firewall thing kept coming up.... then flick the switch on the top to hold, then off again twice and then hold the MENU button until the apple pops up on the screen, and it should be good as new.

• Zoe
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Put the hold button on, then off. Then hold down the menu button and the select button. This should reset it without deleting your files.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

press the circle in the middle and the menu button at the same time and hold for a while. it will show the apple sign as a sign it's unfrozen.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Try restoring factory settings, then see how it does. Or, the screen is broken but the music playing part isn't. So you might need a new one.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.