Any good crock pot/ slow cooker recipes?

Just bought a new slow cooker and need some good recipes or a good site where they have some.

Favorite Answer

All the major food companies (think: CampbellsKitchen.com , Pillsbury.com , BettyCrocker.com have over a thousand ways to use your crock pot.....I would peruse the instruction manual, and get cooking!!! You really can't screw up crock pot cooking.......Trust me, that's what I have novice cooks start with.....Enjoy, need some help, email me at my 360 profile page....

Christopher

Source(s): I was professionally trained at Le Cordon Bleu....

1

Source(s): Modern People Paleo Cookbook : http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?RIqM

There are a lot of good crock pot recipes online. I can't think of one site that's exceptional. I just kind of pick and choose based on reading over the slow cooker recipes.

The best collection of slow cooker recipes I've found is "300 Slow Cooker Favorites." It's a cookbook. You'll be amazed at what all you can make in a crock pot, and this cookbook has loads of ideas.

You might put it on your gift list for family for your birthday or for Christmas.

Below is a review on the cookbook.

I get the best recipes for my crock pot from this site. If you like split pea soup they have one of the best. There is over a thousand recipes certain to keep you busy for a long time.

Enjoy!!!!!!

southernfood.about.com/library/crock/blcpidx.htm

Source(s): cooked several recipes from this site.....

These are more for family on budgets. They are so good and makes great pot luck ideas.

CROCK POT ENCHILADAS

1 lb. hamburger

1 onion, chopped

1 sm. can chilies

1 sm. can mild enchilada sauce

1 can golden mushroom soup, undiluted

1 can cheddar cheese soup, undiluted

1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted

1 can cream of celery soup, undiluted

1 lg. pkg. Dorito chips

Brown hamburger and chopped onion, pour off grease. Put all ingredients in crock pot except Dorito chips. Mix and cook low 4 to 6 hours. Last 15 minutes before you are ready to eat, add Dorito chips and stir.

KING RANCH CHICKEN IN A CROCKPOT

3-4 c. cooked, diced chicken

1 pkg. (10-12) flour tortillas

1 med. onion, chopped

2 (10 oz.) cans cream of chicken soup

1 can (1 c.) tomatoes & chilies

4 tbsp. quick cooking tapioca

4 c. grated Cheddar cheese

In a large bowl mix chicken, soup, tomatoes, chilies and tapioca. Rip 2 to 3 tortillas into pieces and line the bottom of a 5 quart crockpot. Add 1/3 of the chicken mixture; top with 1/3 of the onion and cheese. Repeat layers of tortillas, chicken mixture, onion and cheese two more times. Cover; cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3 hours. For a smaller 3 quart crockpot makes 1/2 recipe. This is a good take-in dish or potluck.

HAM IN CROCK POT

2 1/2 c. diced ham

8 med. sliced potatoes

Salt and pepper

2 sm. onions, sliced

1 green pepper, sliced

Place in layers in crock pot. Add 1 can cheddar cheese soup, 2 tablespoons water, and squirt of prepared mustard. Cook on low setting all day.

• Carl

Meat, Carrot, Potato, Onion, Pepper, Beef bouillon cubes dissolved first with boiling water.

Yes, I know it's not much of a recipe. At least my dog loves my recipes.

Unless you've been hiding under a rock for the last couple years, I'm sure you've heard of the Paleo Diet. Read here https://tr.im/paleodietplan

I hate to even call it a diet, because it's really just the real way that humans have eaten for almost 1.9 Million years, as opposed to the modern-day processed food diet full of grains, sugars, and processed vegetable oils.

Go to bettycrocker.com --slow cook for some wonderful ideas. Just remember that herb flavors cook out so would add them at the end or if the food needs to be infused with it, I would use half at the beginning and the other half the last 1/2 hr of cooking.

Check out http://www.highclassrecipes.com

They have some great recipes.

beef stew is great...you dont need an exact recipe, just go nuts

carots

potatoes

beef

green beans

beef broth

mushrooms

green onions

thats just about all you need, but try adding some spices!

PS-best answer?