Dee C asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 1 decade ago

Tap shoes for dance lessons???

Please tell me what are the best tap shoes to get as I have just started lessons for some wks now and love and need tap shoes.

Best Answer

Black Oxfords. (;

• Ali

I have Katz tap shoes. They come with toe taps and you have the heel taps put on.

What I would advise is to change the heel and toe taps for "Teletone" taps which have a sound board underneath and make a much nicer "professional" sound.

Enjoy your lessons. I'm not much good but I love it!

the best is different for every person. i would suggest going and trying on a few different styles at your local dancewear store. you might be best served by a jazz tap type shoe, which is a lace up oxford, but they are sort of pricey (retail of $65+). i would try some on and also ask your teacher before you buy shoes what they suggest, and what color they want you to have.

good luck!

Source(s): dancer, dancewear store owner

Well, I reccomend Black Capezio tap shoes, with tap on both heel and toe. :)

You can get them from a dance store near you or just order them from.

Discountdance.com

That's where the majority of dancers order from it's a great place.

By the way Capezio is one of the leading dance brands worldwide. :)

Source(s): moi
  • TL

For a starter pair,I'd go with the basic black oxford.Bloch makes a good pair with adjustable taps front and back.You should get them w/the taps already attached,then you can adjust to get the sound you want.They're sturdy and you'll get lots of wear out of them>Expect to pay(depending on whether you're an adult or a kid)upwards of 50 bucks

Go ahead,you Dancin' Fool!

:-)

Capezio, Bloch, Oxford

black slip-ons are the best. BLOCH makes them and so does Capizio. they r pretty good one. i use bloch but it depends on the kind of floor at your dance studio. some taps sound better on different floors so just ask your teacher about wich one will sound better! good luck! i have been dancing for 9 years and i love tap the best! have fun!

capezio flats