I am a 54yr old divorcee. My youngest son is now 22. Am I to old to start dating. No dates for ten years.?

After I divorced I had a steady boyfriend for a few years. After we split up, I realised that the split had quite a bad impact on my children. So, I never bothered again.

But I was out recently with two of my sons and thier children bowling when a really nice man came over and started to talk with me. He asked me for a date, which I declined (out of habit, he really seemed nice). My older son asked me about the man I had been talking to thinking that I knew him. When I told him that he had asked me for a date he was furious, and said that i should have told him he was bothering me. I told him that I was not being bothered and that I was flattered. He went on to tell me that I'm to "old for that kind of thing". My granddaughter who is nearly fourteen heard all of this and told her dad exactly what kind of a plonker she thought he was and told me not to listen. In fact she said I should go clubbing with her mates mum who is 49. Ireally want to go on a few dates, am I wrong?

Favorite Answer

SWEETHEART!

GET OUT YOUR MAKE UP BAG!

PUT YOUR BEST DRESS ON!

GET OUT THAT BOTTLE OF PERFUME YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO USE BUT NEVER FOUND THE RIGHT TIME TO USE, BECAUSE GOOD PERFUME IS REALLY HARD TO COME BY THESE DAYS AND ITS AN EXPENSIVE LUXURY, BUT TO HELL WITH IT, THROW CAUTION TO THE WIND

GO TO THE CLUB WITH THIS WOMAN

AND ENJOY LIFE!

even if it's just for a moment.

you're a grownup now. your youngest son is 22! Christ I'm 23 and my mum would smack me round the head if I went and said that.

LIFE IS FOR LIVING....(and watching the odd occasional telly programme)

don't put yourself down. don't give up on your own life. take a stand and get out there!!!!

CRACK OPEN THE BUBBLY! or have a soft drink, really it's up to you, i won't tell you what to drink, because its YOUR CHOICE! (that goes for everything- don't forget that.)

good luck and a great big hug

You're not too old to start dating again. Look at it this way, you spent all that time raising your children, and they're on their own, living their own lives. This is your time, and if any of them expect you to just sit around doing nothing, then they need to re-evaluate their priorities. Especially the one son, who, while trying to do the right thing, is coming off like a chucklehead. If some guy were to abuse you, then your son would have every right to go tighten the guy up. But for a man to ask you out for a date, your son has no business getting mad and telling you how to live your life. Go out and enjoy yourself, have fun, meet new people. You might find the person that completes you, and you might just have a lot of fun, but it sure beats sitting around watching life go by. Good luck!

Hi

You should be open when asking questions for problems.When you did brake up with husband ,did you tell your children the truth about it.May be they think you can give your husband a chance or vice verse.Secondly your children went through the say thing their did when you broke up with husband, with the man you last date with.Above all may be reactions from the divorce where to too bad for you so the children are trying to protect you about it.Thirdly may be the children feel in secure when their see you with a man in that the one you stopped dating with had no time for your family or caring.

What you should do now is to tell you children to let you enjoy life as their are joying now.after all you are the mother of them and not vice verse.You have the right to date your own choice remember you are beautiful and that you know it your self .You have experienced love before that's why you need to date you know how sweet it is to date and be loved by man.Your children will never give you what you want in love you know it you were married before .What your husband did for you in marriage still remain void you need some one to fill it or else you end up be lonely despite being a grandmother

If you intend to learn all of the strategies behind the art of seduce a woman then that https://tr.im/DNtbL can be your book.

The Tao of Badass is a unique and unique eBook which includes the essential and feasible strategies so you can get the lady you want, getting recognized by the women and or maybe more girls asking you out for a date.

To put things up, you'll get an absolutely comprehensive definition of the word badass that's greatly found in the guide – ‘badass '.

Joshua Pellicer brakes down the term ‘badass'in to 25 essential parts so that you know just how to be ‘that man'who gets all the ladies he desires.

Understanding ‘why you get it done' is required for adding your faith in the new practices you learn.

Tao of Badass will get you absolutely enthusiastic hitting the groups and start putting your abilities to apply!

I don't think you're wrong in the slightest! Sounds like your son is jealous of any other man in your life apart from him. His behaviour is unacceptable considering his age. You clearly have made sacrifices for your children and tried to shield them from the negative impact of your last split, however your son needs to respect that you have a life of your own to live (which may well include romance), and if you do what he says then you're not just making yourself unhappy but are not helping his own emotional maturity. Wish you all the best!

If you want to learn most of the strategies behind the art of seduce a woman then this https://tr.im/5YGXY is your book.

The Tao of Badass is a unique and unique eBook which includes the primary and practical techniques to get the lady you need, finding noticed by the women and or even more women asking you out for a date.

To wrap things up, you'll get an entirely step by step explanation of the word badass that is heavily found in the guide – ‘badass '.

Joshua Pellicer brakes down the term ‘badass'in to 25 key parts so that you know exactly how to be ‘that guy'who gets all the women he desires.

Learning ‘why you get it done' is essential for placing your religion in the newest methods you learn.

Tao of Badass will allow you to get absolutely enthusiastic hitting the groups and start putting your abilities to practice!

• You're never too old for dating & I think you're grandaughter has really got her head screwed on. Your son has his own life & family now so it's unfair of him to be so jealous of other men. He's not a child anymore, he should let you have fun & enjoy your life. Go for it! ☺

54 is too old????? No way! Go out and have some fun. Your son will deal with it. You've raised your boys and now you can have a life. You only got one life - enjoy it!

You should go for it - you dont want to be alone for ever do you? Maybe the clubbing thing is good, if not join some clubs or adult education in your local area, or maybe even internet dating (but be careful)

I am 49 and know for a fact that if I weren't married I be seeing whoever I wanted - or no one. It would be nice to have the choice!!!!!