I am a 54yr old divorcee. My youngest son is now 22. Am I to old to start dating. No dates for ten years.?

After I divorced I had a steady boyfriend for a few years. After we split up, I realised that the split had quite a bad impact on my children. So, I never bothered again. But I was out recently with two of my sons and thier children bowling when a really nice man came over and started to talk with me. He asked me... show more After I divorced I had a steady boyfriend for a few years. After we split up, I realised that the split had quite a bad impact on my children. So, I never bothered again.
But I was out recently with two of my sons and thier children bowling when a really nice man came over and started to talk with me. He asked me for a date, which I declined (out of habit, he really seemed nice). My older son asked me about the man I had been talking to thinking that I knew him. When I told him that he had asked me for a date he was furious, and said that i should have told him he was bothering me. I told him that I was not being bothered and that I was flattered. He went on to tell me that I'm to "old for that kind of thing". My granddaughter who is nearly fourteen heard all of this and told her dad exactly what kind of a plonker she thought he was and told me not to listen. In fact she said I should go clubbing with her mates mum who is 49. Ireally want to go on a few dates, am I wrong?